• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is 3 hours a weeknight, 12 hours a weekend too much study?! (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Wollongong's UAI this year was a whopping 88! OMG!!!

91 technically but everyone knows Wollongong can only attract foreigners who don't need a UAI and those from the "local" area who only get UAIs around 91 and can't get into law at a better Uni in Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne ;)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
are you referring to me? :confused: Or is dreamcaster's name also Sarah?

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Wollongong's UAI this year was a whopping 88! OMG!!!

91 technically but everyone knows Wollongong can only attract foreigners who don't need a UAI and those from the "local" area who only get UAIs around 91 and can't get into law at a better Uni in Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne ;)
Well that problem only arises in the first semester. Most Wollongong folk (like you :p) who utilise the regional extra UAI advantage end up being eradicated after the first session and only the l33t stay on to become rich, ontelligent and powerful. (like me :D)

Check the Wollongong drop out rate for law if you don't believe me. At the end of the five or so years of study, only the Sydney folk end up graduating, with a possible minority of Wollongong folk tagging along. They move out to Sydney at the end anywayz. :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I know of the statistics. Most Wollongong people end up at Centrelink pretty darn quickly :p

Anyway, you can tell a smart Wollongong person from a dumb one because the smart ones all want to (and will) leave!

= Jennifer =

HSC
when our school took us to this wollongong day thing the people seemed happy in their courses and all they really focused on was the bar and how they went for drinks before, between and after classes

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
3 hours a nite is pretty standard stuff....12 on a weekend is a tad much but hey if it works for you, then just go with it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by dreamcaster
Just wondering, because from tomorrow, that's how things will be looking. I need to pass my trials. I need a decent enough UAI as a backup plan, if my uni portfolio (which I'm also allocating fairly substantial slabs of my time towards) doesn't get me into my chosen degree. Too extreme? Anyone? Not enough?
Originally posted by dreamcaster
My trials are next week... Although I've been busilly revising ages before I decided to put this into place. I just thought of giving myself the final 'edge', that's all.
if you can do it, go ahead, sounds like you should do well if you've been revising for ages. 3 hours a night is ok - get home 4.30, 7.30 plus dinner 8.30 and you can even watch tv with that, that's good
weekend could be hard to pull off because 6hrs a day is huge, see how you go, you won't need anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)