Is a 90+ atar still achievable with two really low scaling languages? (1 Viewer)

N-aomi

HSC
Hey everyone!
It would be really helpful if someone that has had done the HSC before, give me an honest answer whether I can still achieve an atar of 90+ with two extremely low scaling subjects? (Chinese & French)

Subjects that i do include:
- Advanced English
- 3u Mathematics
- Legal Studies
- Heritage Chinese (Mandarin)
- French Beginners

Choosing two languages for the HSC is most possibly the worst decision i've ever made haha but yeah, is a 90+ atar still possible?

P.S My school ranking isn't that great either

Thanks in advance

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Who told you they were low-scaling?

French Beginners scales roughly the same as Legal Studies
Heritage Chinese scales roughly the same as 2U Maths

Assuming you're good at them, they won't hold you back at all at getting 90+

N-aomi

HSC
Who told you they were low-scaling?

French Beginners scales roughly the same as Legal Studies
Heritage Chinese scales roughly the same as 2U Maths

Assuming you're good at them, they won't hold you back at all at getting 90+
Are you sure? I've always heard that Beginner languages scale really low. I tried playing around with the ATAR calculator and submitted marks of 90 for all my subjects and it only popped up with an ATAR of 86, and that's considering if I get band 6 for everything :(

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Are you sure? I've always heard that Beginner languages scale really low. I tried playing around with the ATAR calculator and submitted marks of 90 for all my subjects and it only popped up with an ATAR of 86, and that's considering if I get band 6 for everything :(
I'm assuming you used Talent-100?
When I tried it with like 5 different sites it came up with mid 90s so it may be a bug in their software

http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2015-tables/A3.pdf

This compares scaling between subjects, with the best point of comparison being the mean-scaled mark
25ish is decent
30ish is good
35ish is great
40ish is 4U maths lel

Bestintheworld

HSC
When I tried it with like 5 different sites it came up with mid 90s so it may be a bug in their software

This compares scaling between subjects, with the best point of comparison being the mean-scaled mark
25ish is decent
30ish is good
35ish is great
40ish is 4U maths lel
EDIT: didnt see your reply lol

---
@op

are you sure? Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 7.40.49 pm.png

N-aomi

HSC

25ish is decent
30ish is good
35ish is great
40ish is 4U maths lel
Yeah, Talent 100. Really hoping it's just a bug in their software then because it was the only atar calculator that has Heritage Chinese as a subject. Thanks though :)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Yeah, Talent 100. Really hoping it's just a bug in their software then because it was the only atar calculator that has Heritage Chinese as a subject. Thanks though :)
even if the chinese is wrong there's still a huuge difference between french beginners scaling on their website and on every other website

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)