is a high atar still possible? (1 Viewer)

YonOra

HSC
Want90Atar,

A 60% on a James Ruse (ranked 1st in the state) mathematics Ext 1 paper could be much harder to achieve than at a school ranked 200th

So really saying your mark doesn't mean anything.

At face value, your marks have a direct correlation to your rank, in fact they determine your internal rank. However, what is being discussed, is to better scope your position within your cohort, your rank will tell you that, not your mark.

You're focusing on semantics.

Ranks matter, not marks (internally)

Want90Atar

HSC
Want90Atar,

A 60% on a James Ruse (ranked 1st in the state) mathematics Ext 1 paper could be much harder to achieve than at a school ranked 200th

So really saying your mark doesn't mean anything.

At face value, your marks have a direct correlation to your rank, in fact they determine your internal rank. However, what is being discussed, is to better scope your position within your cohort, your rank will tell you that, not your mark.

You're focusing on semantics.

Ranks matter, not marks (internally)
do marks not matter at a school ranked 300+

Want90Atar

HSC
internal marks do matter but that's only for having a good rank

UAC only looks at your rank and how your cohort performed in the actual HSC and then calculates the ATAR

you should probably ask your teacher or watch some videos on YouTube
exactly what i'm talking about internal marks do matter cause how the hell are you going to get a good rank without good marks, when did i claim uac only looks at your marks i never made that statement before.

YonOra

HSC
do marks not matter at a school ranked 300+

Imagine you get a 90% on your maths paper. You get it back, and you're over the moon.

And in your class of 30, everyone got above 90%. Now you'd be less happy, right?

Thats why your rank matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)