Is above 99 likely- ATAR estimate please (1 Viewer)

Butterscotch

HSC
Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if above 99 is possible (it's what I need for my uni course).

My school rank is approximately 15th

English advanced:3/52 (trial mark =92%)
Modern history : 1/26 (trial mark = 93%)
Pdhpe: 1/12 (trial mark = 95%)
Ancient history: 1/15 (trial mark = 88%)
History extension: 2/6 ( trial mark = 90%)
Maths 2u = 26/52 (we have 19 kids doing accelerated all predicted band 6) with a trial mark of 84%

Sorry for the panic!! Haha I'm just aware my subjects have virtually no scaling and was wondering if my goal was achievable :) thank you x

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if above 99 is possible (it's what I need for my uni course).

My school rank is approximately 15th

English advanced:3/52 (trial mark =92%)
Modern history : 1/26 (trial mark = 93%)
Pdhpe: 1/12 (trial mark = 95%)
Ancient history: 1/15 (trial mark = 88%)
History extension: 2/6 ( trial mark = 90%)
Maths 2u = 26/52 (we have 19 kids doing accelerated all predicted band 6) with a trial mark of 84%

Sorry for the panic!! Haha I'm just aware my subjects have virtually no scaling and was wondering if my goal was achievable :) thank you x
Since trials are often much harder than the actual HSC, I'm sure your marks can only go higher. That means that getting above 99, specially with your ranks and school rank, is very likely. That doesn't mean it's 100% going to happen though. Just do your extreme best, aim for state rank for all subjects and I'm sure you'll get what you deserve.

EDIT: I'm not an estimator but after reading so many of their estimations I kind of have an idea.

Last edited:

Silly Sausage

HSC
Since trials are often much harder than the actual HSC, I'm sure your marks can only go higher. That means that getting above 99, specially with your ranks and school rank, is very likely. That doesn't mean it's 100% going to happen though. Just do your extreme best, aim for state rank for all subjects and I'm sure you'll get what you deserve.

EDIT: I'm not an estimator but after reading so many of their estimations I kind of have an idea.
That is extremely subjective depending on which school you went to.

OP you should be around that region especially if you aced your 2U maths exam.

Butterscotch

HSC
Thanks so much for the advice! Yeah i know for sure I'm down to 95% in 2U already after looking at the solutions online :( messed up a MC, and the volume of a vase Q but managed to get the last question :) Hopefully i havent lost too many other marks and the accelerants pull me up. Do any of you know approximately what raw mark constitutes a state rank, especially ancient and pdh?

pomeriggio

HSC
Thanks so much for the advice! Yeah i know for sure I'm down to 95% in 2U already after looking at the solutions online :( messed up a MC, and the volume of a vase Q but managed to get the last question :) Hopefully i havent lost too many other marks and the accelerants pull me up. Do any of you know approximately what raw mark constitutes a state rank, especially ancient and pdh?
after speaking to other members and looking at past results, if you're getting a 96+ mark on results day in any subject other than maths (as it's more objectively marked so the results can be much much higher), you're in with a shot at a state rank.

note: you won't know if you state ranked until 4/5pm on results day by checking the bostes website and looking at 2015 state rank achievements
(low key shooting for a state rank in english advanced) best of luck !!!

xjaja

HSC
N/A
after speaking to other members and looking at past results, if you're getting a 96+ mark on results day in any subject other than maths (as it's more objectively marked so the results can be much much higher), you're in with a shot at a state rank.

note: you won't know if you state ranked until 4/5pm on results day by checking the bostes website and looking at 2015 state rank achievements
(low key shooting for a state rank in english advanced) best of luck !!!
seconding this, you're on the right track!

atargainz

HSC

(jks def 99+ assuming you performed at your trial levels in hsc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)