Is anyone else feeling burnt out/unmotivated? (1 Viewer)

P

pearparsage

Less than 9 days to the HSC and i'm just not feeling it. everyone i know is going to get a high atar but even that's not enough to push me.
So burnt out and unmotivated. even when i go to the library it's difficult to focus & i get distracted by everything.
what do?

michelle483

HSC
me too, but think about it this way...you have about a week left, and you really don't want to cram...sleep is important. Why don't you start by setting up everything you need to study on your desk, and by the time you finish you might feel more into it. If not, then pick life a book or sheet or something and make it your goal to read it in the next 5 minutes or something...little things :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think alot of people in the state are finding this the hardest time to gear up (at least people in my school). It's hard, I struggle with motivation at this time. SO I try and diversify my study, like study group, let myself listen to music with some study (yeah it's better without but sometimes starting study with music will allow me to keep going without) etc.

megan_p

HSC
I just can't be motivated! Every morning I wake up thinking "I'll study hard today" and hour later the tv's on and the books are being ignored.
I know I'm not ready for HSC at all and my family take it to themselves to remind me every day. But that makes me less motivated "your sisters weren't like this". One of my sisters got an 98 UAI and I'm aiming for like a 75 ATAR, way lower then my three sisters, but that's what I want. I think because I'm always being compared I'm even less motivated, because I know even if I get the ATAR I want I'll be compared to them and my parent's wont be happy with what I got.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
ME TOO ! i just can't be bothered anymore.. it feels like everything is over :(

just keep trying !

Alkanes

HSC
Do something easy like a piss easy maths question. That'll get you into the mood of studying. And if anyone doing sciences, get out an exam and do the multiple choice questions and do em for fun. Trust me it works.

wavess

HSC
Yeah, when I don't feel like studying a lot, I turn to maths and listen to music. The only reason, I personally think why im not too motivated is coz i am expected to study more harder than usual (like over 8hrs), and I'm not used to it, so it seems like I'm unmotivated... If anyone gets me. Besides that, I tend to push myself.

blieu

HSC
I just can't be motivated! Every morning I wake up thinking "I'll study hard today" and hour later the tv's on and the books are being ignored.
I know I'm not ready for HSC at all and my family take it to themselves to remind me every day. But that makes me less motivated "your sisters weren't like this". One of my sisters got an 98 UAI and I'm aiming for like a 75 ATAR, way lower then my three sisters, but that's what I want. I think because I'm always being compared I'm even less motivated, because I know even if I get the ATAR I want I'll be compared to them and my parent's wont be happy with what I got.
+1
I also have a lot of cousins who got pretty good UAIs so more pressure. I'd need a 78 for my course but I'd be okay with a 75 but I know my parents won't be okay. I'm scared I won't even get 70+.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Not burnt but jumping the gun a bit so excited for life after exams.

medicore

HSC
+1
I also have a lot of cousins who got pretty good UAIs so more pressure. I'd need a 78 for my course but I'd be okay with a 75 but I know my parents won't be okay. I'm scared I won't even get 70+.
Thats the same with me, like i'm proud that they got such high atars, but like why do parents have to compare? Not everyone in a family is so called 'smart'.. I think I've lost motivation simply because of that, I know I wont get what they got, 96-99. And when I get my results, parents will get mad and say how come you didn't study like them and get results like theirs.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Thats the same with me, like i'm proud that they got such high atars, but like why do parents have to compare? Not everyone in a family is so called 'smart'.. I think I've lost motivation simply because of that, I know I wont get what they got, 96-99. And when I get my results, parents will get mad and say how come you didn't study like them and get results like theirs.
haha i know that feeling, one of my cousins got 89 and shes the disgrace to my family because 6 others have gotten from 90-99, hope i get 90 to not be a shit cunt in my parents eyes lol

Rawf

HSC
Yeah I'm pretty unmotivated too...
I've only done one trial paper for 2u maths.. I'm not ready for English at all. I haven't even gone through studying business studies.. i haven't prepared any economics essays.
and I'm having huge difficulties waking up in the morning. I set an alarm at 9.30am, but i keep hitting ssnooze and then i finally give up pressing it so i fall asleep until 11.30am where i then eat breakfast and watch YouTube for hours.

enoilgam

HSC
Most people are unmotivated at this point in the year. However, the ones that arent usually are those who have put some effort in previous years and have grown accustom to study. Also, a lot of people who dont properly pace themselves and go hard at the begining of the year are usually worn out by this point.

Roy216

HSC
I've only done one trial paper for 2u maths.. I'm not ready for English at all. I haven't even gone through studying business studies.. i haven't prepared any economics essays.
and I'm having huge difficulties waking up in the morning. I set an alarm at 9.30am, but i keep hitting ssnooze and then i finally give up pressing it so i fall asleep until 11.30am where i then eat breakfast and watch YouTube for hours.
I know that feeling bro...

Memento-mori

HSC
+1
I understand about cousins. I have cousins who topped the state in sciencec subjects, phds, medicine, law, accountants with their f**k ass fancy degrees and high ATARs. I only need either a 73 or 82 for my course, yet I'm aiming much higher (in the high 90s) and to make things worse, I have a cousin who might be Dux of his school and just scored a cadetship with an accounting firm. I'm scared too that I won't get into the 70s in terms of ATARs.

It's just that when people are stressed over there ATAR, it is mostly trying to avoid humiliating themselves at Christmas time. I am so scared of Christmas with my extended family, they just talk about school work, and here I am, with my low ranks and scraping myself into my course.

onedaysnotice

HSC
I know that feel bro. I stayed up till 4am last night/this morning watching Scare Tactics. Then I woke and watched another hour's worth of Scare Tactics, then youtube, then watched Resident Evil: Damnation, then youtube again. fml.

HSC
Im definitely unmotivated... just over it to be honest! Parents dont have too much pressure on me to have high ATARs but alot of my cousins have the 90+ so i feel like i need to be up there sorta thing :L When I study i dont even know if its going in lol

Rawf

HSC
I know that feel bro. I stayed up till 4am last night/this morning watching Scare Tactics. Then I woke and watched another hour's worth of Scare Tactics, then youtube, then watched Resident Evil: Damnation, then youtube again. fml.
Man I couldn't sleep till like 5.30am last night, not sure why... i went to bed at 2.45am though.
I just cant believe I'm going to be finished in exactly one month (Chemistry's my last exam)... this is too daunting!

FraZzZz

HSC
Same here, I haven't started revising English because I don't know what to do, I hate trying to work out what I should have analysed, if someone would just tell me exactly what sections I should analyse to the best of my ability, I would do it. I also set my alarm quite early, I set it to 8.30am, I set it on 3 different devices, my ipod, my phone and my alarm clock. I slept through all three and got up at 11.30am :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)