is anyone else going to the National constitutional convention? (1 Viewer)

Igor

HSC
N/A
I'm just wondering if anyone else is going to this thing in March, I'm supposed to be going but I haven't recieved any information latley re travel and accomodation.

Has anyone out there been sent anything useful?

Much appreciated.

Igor

HSC
N/A
maybe someone who is going could let me know if they haven't been sent anything either?

pig_93

HSC
hey!
yeah im going to it...!
im looking forward to it, the state one was good i spose.
i was so glad to see someone wrote about it!
nah i havent gotten my stuff about packing etc either.
its good they're flying us up there and we get to stay at a half-decent hotel, hey?

i havent done my orange booklet reading though! not yet! i will prob do it the night before knowing me!

ill see u there, hey

Igor

HSC
N/A
good that others haven't been sent anything-- i'm a little neurotic about these things.

the hotel we're staying at (if it hasn't changed) is supposed to be really good, with heaps of facilities and a great breakfast, and yeah- i'm glad we're flying. i have Ps, but the petrol money would not be fun to have to try and find.

i don't hink anyone will read that orange booklet thingy, there'll be a hole heap of school kids on planes reading it come march though... :)

thanks for replying,
C ya there

Igor

HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
i have not heard about this can you provide details ;)
there was a state constitutional convention last november for yr11 students, that we had to send in a letter of application to, talk our selves up a bit kind of thing, and at the end of the state convention (about 100 people) 30 were chosen to attend the national convention (parliament house, Canberra, march 16th approx)

its all about discussing the good and bad points about the constitution, usually with a focus. this years national focus will be the executive and its powers.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Igor said:
there was a state constitutional convention last november for yr11 students, that we had to send in a letter of application to, talk our selves up a bit kind of thing, and at the end of the state convention (about 100 people) 30 were chosen to attend the national convention (parliament house, Canberra, march 16th approx)

its all about discussing the good and bad points about the constitution, usually with a focus. this years national focus will be the executive and its powers.
*sigh* i wish i could go but i am at uni now :uhhuh:

pig_93

HSC
so igor, what school do u go to? i might even remember your face from that day, hey! what group were u in (funny if we were in the same group and we didnt even realise it, hey).
so ur name is igor?? ill then know who u are when we're there, cos whether u believe it or not, my name isnt actually pig (ha im so funny, hey?)

im glad to hear about the hotel :) im excited for that. ive been to other school things like this and believe me, dodgy is the only way to describe it!

see u in like half a month, hey

ta

Igor

HSC
N/A
i go to Jesmond High, (Callaghand College, but despite the fancy name, its just an ordinary public school). i think i was in the orange dot group, but i can't be sure.

My real name is not igor, pity, i like Igor... :p
what area are you from? sydney Metro, suburbs, regional or out in the sticks?

c y in at the Roundabout

pig_93

HSC
hey lo

what did u mean by see u at the roundabout?? hmm

yeah i was in black or blue, on of the two. i go to a school near parramatta in the north west

give me ur email and we can talk on msn

mine is pig_93@hotmail.com

keep in touch, we can discuss....the constitution ha

roadcone

HSC
hey yeah im going to this .. should be good, the state one was pretty interesting.. i think i was in the yellow group

Igor

HSC
N/A
we'll see you there then hey? have *you* read the orange book or will you too, dear roadcone, be reading it on a plane?

roadcone

HSC
yeah i guess aye.. umm no i havent read it, so i think i'll be doing a plane read also, altho before that can happen im going to have to try and remember where i actually put the stupid thing, but ooh well

Igor

HSC
N/A
i haven't been sent any info *still* (sigh)

I don't even know whether i'm flying from Williamtown or Sydney yet.

roadcone

HSC
oh ok, it should come through soon caz mine got express posted to me and i received it on fri.. but umm from the looks of it we are going down on two planes, with all the sydney metropolitan kids getting to leave sydney airport at like 7.10 and all the other people catching a plane from sydney at about 11ish i think.. umm i think everyone is flying from sydney, with regional people making connections in or something, well thats just the jist i got from reading the stuff

Igor

HSC
N/A
i have my stuff now- apparently (from the scribling on th envelope) it was sent to the wrong address....

I'm flying out of Newie, then I'm on the late flight out of sydney. means i've gotta be in school uniform on the plane- yippee.

pig_93

HSC
hey
im going on the EARLY 7 AM FLIGHT. murderous, i know
tell me your name roadcone, so if youre on the same flight, we MAY talk.
to get a 7am flight means u have to be there by 6am, which means u have to leave the house at 5am, which means getting up at 4am....
godfather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)