Is anyone else struggling to stay focused...? (1 Viewer)

albeitunique

HSC
I've reached a rut..

Has anyone else lost motivation to work and study? I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I'm so frustrated that I can't focus and don't know how to get back on track in terms of studying. :vcross:

How do you guys work through this?

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
I feel that way sometimes too. I just take 1 day off doing nothing but pure schlomping and the next day I feel ready to do work again.

albeitunique

HSC
At the moment I just feel blah and like everything is unachievable.

Last edited:

eat_well

HSC
I know exactly what you mean. I feel so overwhelmed with work that I don't even know where to start so I don't bother doing anything.
I think once you make a start, it gets a lot better from there on.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I feel the same but worse - On Saturday I spent basically all day lying in bed being sad that after nearly 13 years, school's finally coming to an end.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Make a checklist and gamify studying.

Achieve x amount of things to do; get y.

albeitunique

HSC
I feel the same but worse - On Saturday I spent basically all day lying in bed being sad that after nearly 13 years, school's finally coming to an end.
Really? I'm ecstatic that it's finally ending! I do the same.. except I sit on Facebook, in bed.
I fail at checklists. I lack self control. If I write out 30 minutes of bio notes and allow myself to watch 10 minutes of tv, I guarantee I'll still be sitting in front of the tv an hour later. I'm trying this new thing where I don't get on Facebook for a week. If actually helps my studying and I don't just find other ways to procrastinate (i.e. what I'm doing now lol), maybe I'll make it a weekend only indulgence.. or maybe even only sunday afternoons.

Good intentions for the holidays! :angel:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
you guys have burnt out, take a break for a day or two, it'll help freshen you up and clear your mind

then you can resume a study regime through a to-do list etc to help you guys keep on track

esu_chan

HSC
I've been feeling like this all year.

I got behind at the beginning of Year 12 last year, and rather than making an effort, I put it off and started a vicious cycle. On top of that, I'm failing in half of my units (getting 80-ish in three subjects, 50s in two subjects and 30 in my favourite subject - art).

It doesn't help that I have my trials right now - this is my second last chance to pick up my marks, and until now I haven't been making much effort.

oh dear god I hate my life

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll be alright :D. Never give up xD. Just think about about it, theres only 1 more term left.

ismeta

HSC
Me been bribing myself with gaming. It works okay. :D Until, well, when I take the entire night to game instead of dividing it half-half. I also have the drive to meet my goals and keep my first-in-subjects, so that helps too.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC

I got behind at the beginning of Year 12 last year, and rather than making an effort, I put it off and started a vicious cycle. On top of that, I'm failing in half of my units (getting 80-ish in three subjects, 50s in two subjects and 30 in my favourite subject - art).

It doesn't help that I have my trials right now - this is my second last chance to pick up my marks, and until now I haven't been making much effort.

If it makes you feel better, I found your signature to be really funny.

Me been bribing myself with gaming. It works okay. :D Until, well, when I take the entire night to game instead of dividing it half-half. I also have the drive to meet my goals and keep my first-in-subjects, so that helps too.
What games?

mike12345678

HSC
lmaooo ive feel so tired from the beginning of the year. holidays Thursdayso im going to take off a few days to 're-energise' or 'recharge' as some people have referred to it. i hope it works i need to do a lot of study for my trials :(

albeitunique

HSC

This is what happened to me, exactly. I've been really really sick (all medical certs and everything covering me) and I've missed out so much work, except I haven't had my trials yet. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to completely bomb. I could have caught up, but I didn't. Now I've got 2 weeks to learn the content D:

These holidays I'm not doing practice exams, I'm just trying to learn the content instead of sleeping, watching anime, drawing and playing games :3

Being told there is only a term left is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that it will all be over soon (yayyayyayyayyay) but a curse in that there is no way I'll do well enough with the time I have left. I wish I actually started focusing a while ago.

eric sparkles

HSC
haha i'm finding english a killer, it seemed so easy coming into year 12, but now it takes up most of my time ugh. i'm also in the same boat, my problem being that i didnt have a goal entering hsc, so my subjects were all over the place aha. wishing hard i could turn back time or have one of those time chambers in dragon ball z. at the moment im just trying to do as well as i can so i could get into a science related course at uni, but im really scared.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i'm finding english a killer, it seemed so easy coming into year 12, but now it takes up most of my time ugh. i'm also in the same boat, my problem being that i didnt have a goal entering hsc, so my subjects were all over the place aha. wishing hard i could turn back time or have one of those time chambers in dragon ball z. at the moment im just trying to do as well as i can so i could get into a science related course at uni, but im really scared.
Do you have a goal now ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)