Is anyone reading Frankenstien for Enligsh Module A? (1 Viewer)

muffymops

HSC
I seriously need help. Whatdo all the letters mean? Are they important? HELP ME!!!

Ria001

HSC
The letters kind of bring us to the real story. You know how its a chinese box structure, right? (Walton --> Frankenstein --> Creature --> Frankenstein --> Walton. Well, the letters introduce us to Walton and the fact that Frankenstein is out on the ice chasing 'someone'. Mostly its just to make it a hell of a lot more confusing :) Its sorta important... Its cause Mary shelley wrote a story that was not probable so it made it seem more believable because three people were telling the same story. My advice is to buy the topnotes book that compares and explains Frankenstein and Bladerunner :)

HSC
yeah i bought that topnotes book a few hours ago :)
my english teacher from last year wrote it :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Contextually, the letters are a technique used by Mary Shelley. You see, at the time of F'stein's publication, the epistolary novel was very popular, and so Shelley incorporated it into her novel
She could've just introduced Robert Walton normally, but she chose to do it the epistilary way :)

She was around 18 or 19 when she wrote it, gotta admit she was a pretty good writer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)