Is Australia racist? (1 Viewer)

darkfenrir

HSC
We are racist in our hearts, but our society forces us through political correctness to speak otherwise or be shunned.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Racism is a complex issue, though its human nature,... People generally fear or have suspicion of those who do not 'act' or 'look' normal. E.g. People turn their heads when they see 2 men holding hands.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Multicultiralism isn't a problem. Those who fail to integrate and assimilate are.
weakest argument against immigrants ever.

you expect people who just moved to a country to automatically "assimilate" lol.

Yeah remember the time everyone was bitching about the greeks, irish, germans and the italians for not assimilating? Australian is a new world/ immigrant country in the first place. It's in the name that were bound to have different cultures everywhere. And also define "assimilate." It's funny when I see white boys chewing down chinese food and bitch about asians immigrating. real smack on the head.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah remember the time everyone was bitching about the greeks, irish, germans and the italians for not assimilating? Australian is a new world/ immigrant country in the first place
Yeah, except notice how all of those cultures you just listed were EUROPEAN.

Show me a single country where sudanese or somalians have assimilated like the greeks or the Germans have.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

Show me a single country where sudanese or somalians have assimilated like the greeks or the Germans have.
Assimilation would mean that they need to give up their culture and customs.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

There is none as they haven't.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
weakest argument against immigrants ever.

you expect people who just moved to a country to automatically "assimilate" lol.

Yeah remember the time everyone was bitching about the greeks, irish, germans and the italians for not assimilating? Australian is a new world/ immigrant country in the first place. It's in the name that were bound to have different cultures everywhere. And also define "assimilate." It's funny when I see white boys chewing down chinese food and bitch about asians immigrating. real smack on the head.
The problem isn't just some first generation immigrants, we are seeing the problems occur in second generation muslims also.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

"They just need time to assimilate!!! They'll be just like greeks and germans and irishmen!

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Without immigrants, Australia wouldn't be the place it was totay.

LANADELREY

HSC
Without immigrants, Australia wouldn't be the place it was totay.
So you're admitting that immigration can change a country. I assume you mean that in the sense that immigrants have made positive contributions to Australia. On the other hand, does this mean that there could be immigrants that disproportionately make negative contributions?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
So you're admitting that immigration can change a country. I assume you mean that in the sense that immigrants have made positive contributions to Australia. On the other hand, does this mean that there could be immigrants that disproportionately make negative contributions?
Yes, absolutely.

darkfenrir

HSC
I love it how there's like 4 or 5 critical thinking people beating the verbal shit out of >20 opponents in this debate LOL

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Yes and I purposely mentioned that, because before everyone bitched about the greeks and italian "wogs" destroying australian way of life with their pesky smoked meats and their non-protestant Christianity. If you got any non-british blood in you (which is most australians), you can absolutely not bitch about immigrants at all, especially if you're irish, greek or italian.

Yeah comparing refugees with the regular immigration population is a real accurate depiction of total immigrants. Actually, African immigrants in the USA (at least) are considered a model minority.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/mar/19/20070319-092045-6645r/

Yeah we might as well bring back white australia policy and let only white people in, that'll really show how australia is trying to integrate with the world. Our neighbors are asian countries, no shit Australia is going to have mass amount of asian immigrants. Lets bring back yellow peril and get these gooks off our land! White australia fuck yeah! worked out so well for our country right!

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Multicultiralism isn't a problem. Those who fail to integrate and assimilate are.
It takes time for people to assimilate. Take the example of Greeks and Italians. They seem to have settled well. It'll be the same for *New Australians* such as Asians, and Muslims. Plus what's the problem with having different separate cultures and identities anyway?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It takes time for people to assimilate. Take the example of Greeks and Italians. They seem to have settled well. It'll be the same for *New Australians* such as Asians, and Muslims. Plus what's the problem with having different separate cultures and identities anyway?
because bigots need a scapegoat for their ills. immigrants are somehow a threat to society lol. omg they live together and don't assimilate :( but also tell them please don't move into my nice white neighborhood. yeah real great way of trying to get people to assimilate.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If you got any non-british blood in you (which is most australians), you can absolutely not bitch about immigrants at all, especially if you're irish, greek or italian.
Well I don't, but not all immigrants are the same.
Yeah comparing refugees with the regular immigration population is a real accurate depiction of total immigrants. Actually, African immigrants in the USA (at least) are considered a model minority.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/mar/19/20070319-092045-6645r/
yeah, because the smart ones get expansive benefits and funding to go to america to study. They're an elite sample, they're not comparable to Australia or european countries.

And isn't it strange? African immigrants in the progressive welfare states of europe commit more crime than in "Racist" america? That didn't set of any alarm bells that something might be a little bit different?

Yeah we might as well bring back white australia policy and let only white people in, that'll really show how australia is trying to integrate with the world. Our neighbors are asian countries, no shit Australia is going to have mass amount of asian immigrants.
I didn't actually mention asians.

Lets bring back yellow peril and get these gooks off our land! White australia fuck yeah! worked out so well for our country right!
Uh, it kind of did work out tremendously well? You can't really say that Australia would have been considerably worse of without a bunch of south-east asians?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)