• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is bodyboarding surfing (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
damm straight it is...
but why does it get such a bad rep? :confused:

capsicum

HSC
it is? i've always thought it was different. cuz there's bodysurfing and that's just diving and swimming with the waves and stuff. surfing is the long board and u stand up for that sport. and bodyboarding? i'm confused. maybe it's bodysurfing cuz ur body is lying down on a board. but why isnt it called "bodysurfing" then?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
nah nah no joke i just get th shits when someone says that it isnt coz it is a legit form of surfing

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
if bodyboarding is a legitimate form of surfing, then so are waveskis. i do respect good bodyboarders, but the rest are a nuisance

these guys i were surfing with in indonesia are good friends with all the tension crew, and they stayed at his house in newcastle and his house is in tension 6

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
um.. said:
these guys i were surfing with in indonesia are good friends with all the tension crew, and they stayed at his house in newcastle and his house is in tension 6
sick... that would be hectic living with them....

I bodyboard and judging by the reaction of surfers I can clearly say bodyboarding is not surfing. Otherwise I wouldnt be knife threatned so much...

If your a bodyboarder, stick with other bodyboarders unless your mates are surfers.

DirkGently

Totaly different!
Being a surfer myself, I find that bodyboarders just get in the way...^_^
As one of my friends put it so nicely: "Bodyboarders are like speed bumps for the surfers, drop in on as many as you possibly can."

Thats just how it is..................sorry fellas! :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
DirkGently said:
Totaly different!
Being a surfer myself, I find that bodyboarders just get in the way...^_^
As one of my friends put it so nicely: "Bodyboarders are like speed bumps for the surfers, drop in on as many as you possibly can."

Thats just how it is..................sorry fellas! :)
yeh fuck you.
most GOOD surfers are cool with bodyboarders recognising that it takes just as much skill. its mainly you kook standups that hate us
not to mention we ride heaps heavier waves.
and dude wherever you are from, if you dropped in on some bodyboarders (not myself im laid back) you might find a gaping hole in your new fibreglass stick courtesy of an irate bodyboarder who had been dropped in on too many times

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
it is usually kooks who cause trouble in the water, whether they be surfers or bodyboarders. however, it easier for a fibreglass surfboard to put a hole in a foam bodyboard, not the other way round
and lids ride heavier waves? might want to have a chat with corey lopez about that

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
maybe you might want to have a chat with dave winchester.

get movement issue 2 for the heaviest wave ever ridden by any surfer ever
and its a bodyboarder
lids rule. standups are cool as well. i just hate stand ups that diss bodyboarders

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
it was at cyclops in wa. secret location i dont know where it is but it is known as the heaviest wave in the world

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah, first surfed by the billabong odyssey crew about two years ago. even layne beachley surfed it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh "supposably" they surfed it. its undocumented.
dude whatever
the point is bodyboarding is just as valid as standup. you gotta agree with that dont ya?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
its not undocumented, i can go and scan some pictures from the twelve page spread they had in australia's surfing life if you want

but anyways i never said bodyboarding wasnt valid, i respect all of the blokes around my area who lid and im friends with a few blokes who have evn done a few seasons in hawaii, you may have even heard of them - guys like johhny cruikshank, dean o'neill, another bloke who i only know as wilso (ran into him over in indonesia, hadnt seen him in newcastle for years) and also garth macgregor, who is probably the most impressive surfer, on any craft, ive ever seen in the water. i respect anybody who can ride their preferred medium well, as long as they're not total wankers

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh yeh true lad.
my point is that there is a lot of bad vibes towards bodyboarders. and it all comes from standups. i just dont think it gets as much credit as it deserves because once done properly it is just as hard as standup.
i concede that bodyboarding is easier to begin with and i admit bodyboard kooks are worse that standup kooks. but there is another level and there is ALOT of skill involved

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i actually disagree, i think surfing kooks are worse than bodyboarding kooks. in terms of ettiquete they're both as bad as each other, but i would much prefer a four foot piece of foam hitting me in the head compared to a 6 foot piece of fibreglass

but yeah like i said earlier, i respect anybody who can ride their chosen craft well. theres this bloke that surfs a heavy-ish reef here on a blow up surf mat, and he gets just as much respect in the line up as anybody else cos he can do it well

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
serious a blow up piece of plastic? nice. ive never seen that before.
but i still stand on bodyboarding kooks being worse. they paddle in then bail even when they are deeper and you cant get any waves if your not keen on dropping in. at least stand up kooks stay out of your way. and dont hit you when they drop in because stand up kooks cannot handle sizey days whereas bodyboard kooks think they can...
whatever the medium i hate kooks that get in your way, have all the gear and talk about how good they are. but the all time worst kooks are standup kooks that tell good bodyboarders that they are shit. as if they know

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
nahhhh i dunno. try surfing four foot greenmount and having a ninety kilo swedish backpacker launch his mal at your head after he tried to drop in on you and failed miserably

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh mal riders the scourge of standups and bodyboarders.
if u think thats bad, try this
being caught on the shelf at shark island with a six foot set looming. so scared.
got out without a scratch FUCKING MIRACLE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)