Is car a luxury or a neccesity? (1 Viewer)

inhinyero

HSC
The title says it all. My answer would be: it depends to who uses the car. if a student who leaves just a few km from th uni and then drives his own, it is a luxury. but, say, a bank manager who everyday wears formal to go to office would really need a car so as not to use public transportation, then it is a neccesity. That's what i think, at least.

How about you, what do you think?

russs

yeeeee
HSC
If your time is actually worth something, then a car is a necessity.

If your time is worth nothing, its a luxury.

Hence, public transport is for losers :)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
but, say, a bank manager who everyday wears formal to go to office would really need a car so as not to use public transportation, then it is a neccesity.
Seriously, how in fucks name does that job title nessecitate a car?

It's a luxury, and always will be. As is a license for that matter.

jaredtomas

HSC
Of course it's a luxury, just like a mobile phone or a computer.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If your time is actually worth something, then a car is a necessity.

If your time is worth nothing, its a luxury.

Hence, public transport is for losers :)
umm ever tried driving into the city in the morning? Train is quicker from my area.

sickk

HSC
well, to have money to pay for food shelter etc, then a job is a necessity i guess

Jake22

HSC
is this thread a neccessity or just lame

:)

russs

yeeeee
HSC
umm ever tried driving into the city in the morning? Train is quicker from my area.
Oh yeah, some places require public transport... driving in the city is hopeless.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
that's questionable given charity and social welfare.

but even if it were the case, a job would be necessary, any job. not a specific job that requires a car.

this is the shitest thread ever.

everyone neg rep the OP.
lol ok

EDIT: yes made him red

rozymisty

HSC
Teachers definately need cars...the amount of paper work they have to cart back and forth between school and home is enormous...and i know first hand coz i was a teaching student and mum is a teacher...

I could do with a car....i live not far from th city so i dont really need the car to get to work and city. But to get to the other side of town to mums, that takes a long time and is inconvienent taking big bags of clothing etc on the bus......Cant wait to get a car!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Depends on your circumstances. It's a luxury in a place with adequate public transport, it's a necessity in a place without. I learnt that the hard way just on the weekend trying to travel between Lismore, Ballina, Lennox Heads and Byron Bay by bus (none of us were eligible to rent a car).

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Teachers definately need cars...the amount of paper work they have to cart back and forth between school and home is enormous...and i know first hand coz i was a teaching student and mum is a teacher...

I could do with a car....i live not far from th city so i dont really need the car to get to work and city. But to get to the other side of town to mums, that takes a long time and is inconvienent taking big bags of clothing etc on the bus......Cant wait to get a car!
haha omg maybe the poor wittle teachers should learn to be a little more efficient and not have to carry so much crap home.

also why would you want to take on such a huge expense like a car just so you could visit your mum more easily lol wtf

you do realise how much a car costs to buy and run dont you?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Where it is a necessity, it's only so because of shitty planning and development that have made public transport unviable.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I don't use a car inside small buildings like kitchens or hallways or nuclear warhead storage facilities.
So it isn't a necessity for sure.

rozymisty

HSC
haha omg maybe the poor wittle teachers should learn to be a little more efficient and not have to carry so much crap home.

also why would you want to take on such a huge expense like a car just so you could visit your mum more easily lol wtf

you do realise how much a car costs to buy and run dont you?
hm well maybe you should try taking like 25 workbooks home and try andmark all the crap that they have to do....its not a 8-3pm job.

of course i know how much is involved in getting a car etc...not just to visit mum lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes its a necessity for my job (travelling out to clients) as well as to get to/from uni. That being said, having the two cars which I have... that could be considered excessive lol.

EDIT: I used to live in the hills, in a suburb with no station and poor bus service so it was a necessity back then. Now I live in the CBD so... probably not that important but I need it to carry stuff to/from parents house, as well as for aforementioned work. Therefore necessity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)