Votes: 22 33.8%
  • GIVE ME SOME CANDY ALREADY

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
no way chess is a sport.. its a game.. doesnt involve any physical activity apart from moving arm slightly.

wats wrong with it not being a sport anyway, u have to categorise things somehow.

just because its not a sport doesnt detract from its popularity, how much is strains ur mind, makes u use tactics an shit..

is war a sport??

tranquil

INTP 5w4 sp/so/sx.
HSC
OK ok.

Is darts a sport? Shooting? Air hockey?? Are these sports?

Chess is a sport it's that simple. It is actually physical, regardless of the obvious sitting on the one spot, it takes a lot out of you mentally AND physically. Try playing tournament games some time, like ones that last a few hours per game, it is very tiring, far more than you can imagine, and more than some other sports. In fact the drained feeling after long tournaments I have found at times far worse than after playing in supposed more physical sports.

I mean the top players include fitness training into their preparation, how can it not count as a sport? It even has drug testing now, not that I see how drugs can IMPROVE your game, though obviously they can affect your thoughts.

Anyway I don't really care if you think it's not a sport, it is being argued worldwide, I suppose because of the desire some have of it being included in the olympic games etc. Though chess already has it's own version of the olympics so I don't think that matters.

I'll just stop. Cheers.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
:p

To be a know it all, the definition of sport is...

An active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition...

Well errr sitting there on the spot for an hour or so and continually thinking is basically exertion...

Exertion can be defined as the use of physical or mental energy (which happends in chess)...

And therez definitely competition within chess, so basically....

!~CHESS IS A SPORT~!

Last edited:

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i thought that said 'is cheese a sport'

because cheese is a sport, cheese rolling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)