Is Civil engineering the easiest engineering (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
Hi guys i would like your views on this, i have heard from a few people that civil engineering is the easiest out of the engineering courses, how does civil compare to say chemical, software or electrical?

Also if assuming civil is the easiest why are most of the engineering courses have the same uai cutoff mark of 85. I understand that uai means the demand but shouldnt the diffculty of the course come into play as well??

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Chemical and electrical are probably the hardest. Difficulty of the course has nothing to do with the UAI cut off. Although the cutoff for engineering in general has been lifted to 85 because of it's difficulty(it should be lower based on demand from students and supply of places by unis).

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
M@ster P said:
Hi guys i would like your views on this, i have heard from a few people that civil engineering is the easiest out of the engineering courses, how does civil compare to say chemical, software or electrical?

Also if assuming civil is the easiest why are most of the engineering courses have the same uai cutoff mark of 85. I understand that uai means the demand but shouldnt the diffculty of the course come into play as well??
All Engineering courses are extremely hard; Electrical will prob be the hardest with the level of maths involved.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
All Engineering courses are extremely hard; Electrical will prob be the hardest with the level of maths involved.
Hence the high flux density of asians.
Electrical requires Higher Physics and Computing for Engineers isn't accepted.
Civil and Mechanical don't require Higher Physics and you can study the easier Computing for Engineers.

chucknthem said:
Chemical and electrical are probably the hardest. Difficulty of the course has nothing to do with the UAI cut off. Although the cutoff for engineering in general has been lifted to 85 because of it's difficulty(it should be lower based on demand from students and supply of places by unis).

M@ster P

HSC
lol also the drop rate is like 30 - 50 percent???, thats pretty high, anyone who graduated from an engineering course should be proud

Morbo

HSC
All Mechanical Engineering students must do Computing 1 (not, Computing for Engineers) or higher in Semester 1.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
yeah I'd say civil/environmental are among the easiest engineering degrees (at unsw at least)
not much knowledge of mech but elec,pv,telecomm would be among the hardest (unsw)

btw having to do 'higher physics' in first year isn't exactly what makes the degrees hard :/

HSC
Software engineering is not hard, I could do it in my sleep. The hardest part of seng is discrete maths - now that's saying something.

Of course I've only done it for 5 weeks, but meh - believe what you will.

As long as you're doing something you love, you will always find it easy and fun.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Prove me wrong. Not all engineering degrees are the same.
ill prove you wrong by slapping you out and then knocking some sense into you.

HSC
bigboyjames said:
ill prove you wrong by slapping you out and then knocking some sense into you.
Because you can't come up with anything about seng which is actually the slightest bit difficult?

undalay

HSC
really?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)