Is Extension 2 worth it? (1 Viewer)

Quirinus

HSC
Basically I'm at the stage of stressing completely about doing extension 2. Is it worth putting all the hours into studying it and 3 unit and risking getting a lower mark comparatively than you would in 2 unit, and possibly bringing your other marks down too?

HAX0R

HSC
If you're ready to work hard, I strongly suggest it. If you're just wanting it to boost your ATAR, and not anything else, then I strongly suggest you don't pick it up.
Hard work always pays off, especially in 4u. You'll need to study from the beginning of the year. 4u isn't as hard as people claim, it's the fear factor which actually destroys most people.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically I'm at the stage of stressing completely about doing extension 2. Is it worth putting all the hours into studying it and 3 unit and risking getting a lower mark comparatively than you would in 2 unit, and possibly bringing your other marks down too?
1. Check the raw mark database...a raw 50/100 is equivalent to high 90s atar. Your concern shouldn't really be an issue, you are going to get a better atar equivalent in 4u, if you are decent. Besides, often in 2u its not the lack of content that pulls your mark down, its silly errors.
2. When it comes to hsc, it makes 3u heaps easy, similar to the case of doing 2u with 3u.

Quirinus

HSC
I suppose if it becomes a concern later in the year I can drop then. May as well try it.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Doing 4U is definitely worth it. It's 4 units of your HSC that you will absolutely blitz. As said before, 50/100 raw equates to a 90 ATAR, but it takes a lot of work to get those 50 marks or higher.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you think you will need to spend too much time to do Ext 2 - then maybe it is not for you. You have to be honest with yourself. Ask your friends & teacher for an honest assessment. If you feel it is a struggle, don't do it. Why are your reasons for doing 4U Maths in the 1st place?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing 4U is definitely worth it. It's 4 units of your HSC that you will absolutely blitz. As said before, 50/100 raw equates to a 90 ATAR, but it takes a lot of work to get those 50 marks or higher.
I chucked the aligned mark into a calculator, equates to high 90s. lol. not sure if legit.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
YES it is so fun

Even though the workload is intensive it encourages you to approach problems differently and helps so much with 3u math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quirinus

HSC
If you think you will need to spend too much time to do Ext 2 - then maybe it is not for you. You have to be honest with yourself. Ask your friends & teacher for an honest assessment. If you feel it is a struggle, don't do it. Why are your reasons for doing 4U Maths in the 1st place?
Really, I don't need to do it for the course I want to get into. It's just interesting and I like the challenge of it.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Really, I don't need to do it for the course I want to get into. It's just interesting and I like the challenge of it.
If you enjoy the challenge, then go for it. Pushing one's envelop is one way to achieve greater things later on in life

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If this is your mentality, then definitely do 4U for as long as possible and try to do well and check your progress from in class exams.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
it would be great
if u could reply someones post here
without mentioning girls LOL
I've already given my legit reasons, on various threads on whether to do 4u. I got bored on posting the same thing :haha:

Lol. I dunno, it varies from person to person, I ain't pulling any girls with my 4u credentials, sigh not coming top 3. Oh well, I'll be happy with my 98 atar equivalent for MX2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)