• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is finding a job you love -- Unrealistic? (1 Viewer)

Is it realistic to find a job you love?

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
I understand that most people do not enjoy what they do for a living. But is doing what you love near impossible?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I think it is realistic. As long as you have right skills, passion and love, why wouldn't you be able to find a job you love?

EDIT: and I hope that I can also find a job that I'd love to do for the rest of my life (or realistically for a long period of time without getting sick of it).

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I think it is realistic. As long as you have right skills, passion and love, why wouldn't you be able to find a job you love?

EDIT: and I hope that I can also find a job that I'd love to do for the rest of my life (or realistically for a long period of time without getting sick of it).
because many people have the "if i have to do it, i don't want to' mentality

good luck!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
JFK said:
Most people don't know what their passion is or they delude themselves into thinking their passion is something that it's not.

And then even if they discover their true passion it's very rare that there is a job that so entirely allows them to focus and grow this passion.

Despair for your future is darkness.
I am aware of that. That's why I said, "you can get a job you love as long as you have RIGHT passion, skills and love".

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
It depends on a lot of things.

For me I think it's feasible at the moment but for others it might be damn near impossible.
You're a lucky girl. You know what you want, you're allowed to pursue it, and you have the chance of realising your dream.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
tussitussa said:
You're a lucky girl. You know what you want, you're allowed to pursue it, and you have the chance of realising your dream.
I know what I want in my career and I know what I have to do.

But even with all that knowledge, it's putting into practice your dream that's a lot harder than people think.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
JFK said:
If you did you wouldn't have made this thread.
Just cuz I said I know what I want, doesn't mean I know every single thing I want. I might know certain things that I want, not necessarily all.
And it could be possible that I made this thread to see what everyone thinks. It doesn't have to be about ME personally.

Last edited:

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I know what I want in my career and I know what I have to do.

But even with all that knowledge, it's putting into practice your dream that's a lot harder than people think.
Yes, because there's this thing called luck. People don't want to believe in it because they are scared of being confined by luck. But..some people, no matter how hard they try.. they will never become something they dreamed of. Firewalls everywhere.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
You're being awfully philosophical about this.

If you know what career you want and how to achieve what you want, normally its just fear or self-doubt that holds people back. If you want something bad enough you can overcome that.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
You're being awfully philosophical about this.

If you know what career you want and how to achieve what you want, normally its just fear or self-doubt that holds people back. If you want something bad enough you can overcome that.
I'd love to believe so. I almost reached my dream route a few years ago, but for some reason I wasn't able to get it, and it was not within my control. Well there's nothing I can do now. It's over.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Yes it's perfectly possible as long as you're realistic about what you want and what you can reasonably expect to achieve. If you aim too high you'll probably end up disappointed. Keep your ultimate goal in mind but take realistic steps to get there :)

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
It was a program in a far away place and I couldn't go, for some reason. They only accept about 125 people per year. I don't think I'll apply again. Cuz I might not be able to go anyway. And it's too late.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
tussitussa said:
It was a program in a far away place and I couldn't go, for some reason. They only accept about 125 people per year. I don't think I'll apply again. Cuz I might not be able to go anyway. And it's too late.
So you're never ever going to get your dream job because you were turned down once?

Apply again. The worst thing that will happen is that they say no.

Again I cite the fear/self doubt issue. Don't wallow, just fucking do something about it.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
So you're never ever going to get your dream job because you were turned down once?

Apply again. The worst thing that will happen is that they say no.

Again I cite the fear/self doubt issue. Don't wallow, just fucking do something about it.
I wasn't turned down. They accepted me. I had to see my dream slip away from my hands, when it was so close. And it was for reasons not within my control.

Thanks..I might try again in the future.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
tussitussa said:
I wasn't turned down. They accepted me. I had to see my dream slip away from my hands, when it was so close. And it was for reasons not within my control.
So like apply again.

Wow and I thought I had a defeatist attitude. Either explain exactly what happened and why you'll never ever get this dream job or accept that you gave up.

Either way, I cite myself again: Don't wallow, just fucking do something about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)