Is having sex with children necessarily wrong? (1 Viewer)

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Pwar Yuex got me thinking. Perhaps I am just blindly accepting this taboo like all the other taboos I criticize other people for blindly accepting.

Certainly in some circumstances it may be inseparable from causing physical pain and harm, i.e. an adult man having penetrative sex with a child.

However, this is not the case with all sexual acts such as fondling and masturbation. Children often masturbate themselves, certainly they may be able to enjoy it.

Many victims of child abuse feel shame and psychological harm, but is this because of the inherent nature of sex with adults, or because of; a) social expectations and conditioning to believe that it is wrong, and; b) correlation between sex with children and cruelty and other abuse.

People would argue that it is "unnatural" but of course the same can be said for almost every taboo on the list that many of us liberal minded people consider acceptable.

(I'm not convinced, but I believe in questioning all our preconceived views, however uncomfortable or socially unacceptable doing so may be).

Enforsa_Said

HSC
If it hurts physically yes. Prophet muhamad dipped in a nine year old girl and I'm sure that hurt.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
The following is spoken in a speech by Pausanias (a young man and lover of the Greek playwright Agathon) in Plato's Symposium. I thought it might be interesting as a comparison from a different culture and time:

"It is in general true of any activity that, simply in itself, it is neither good nor bad. Take what we're doing now, for example - that is to say drinking, or singing, or talking. None of these is good or bad in itself, but each becomes so, depending on the way it is done. Well and rightly done, it is good; wrongly done it is bad. And it is just the same with loving, and Eros.

[T]hose inspired by this [proper] love turn to the male, attracted by what is naturally stronger and of superior intelligence. And even among those who love boys you can tell the ones whose love is purely heavenly. They fall in love only with boys old enough to think for themselves - in other words, with boys who are nearly grown up.

Those who start a love affair with boys of that age are prepared, I think, to be friends, and live together for life. The others are deceivers, who take advantage of youthful folly, and then quite cheerfully abandon their victims in search of others. There ought really to be a law against loving young boys, to stop so much energy being expended on an uncertain end.

So it is absolutely correct for boys to satisfy their lovers, if it is done in the pursuit of goodness."

Last edited:
HSC
While the child's mind isn't developed fully (i.e. mentally and emotionally) they can not properly give consent to someone who has a fully developed mind. Whilst the sexual act with the child may not physically harm them, the same can't be said emotionally.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
A child is not developed mentally, emotionally or sexually. It is as much about the harm incurred to the child as is it about the inability of a child to make informed decisions about their actions, the implications of which are not completely understood.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
it really is a hedonistic life for all for the OP isn't it?

Lukybear

HSC
liberty has overcome morality and all sense of humanity.

/end

suling

HSC
a child is not developed mentally, emotionally or sexually. It is as much about the harm incurred to the child as is it about the inability of a child to make informed decisions about their actions, the implications of which are completely understood.
+1

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Typical. Most posts have called for the thread to be deleted or have simply posted something like "end thread" or "of course its disgusting."

As I said, I don't think its okay, but like all beliefs, its worth questioning.

So far no one has provided a serious rebuttal of the OP or explained why the taboo makes sense.

Last edited:

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
A child is not developed mentally, emotionally or sexually. It is as much about the harm incurred to the child as is it about the inability of a child to make informed decisions about their actions, the implications of which are not completely understood.
But that would apply to almost everything a child does; from choosing a school, a sport, friends ect. In all these cases adults have a large role in deciding things for children, and perhaps adults will decide wrongly.

Why do we only consider it a problem that children may not fully understand their choices or may be influenced by adults when it comes to sex? Could it be part of western culture's general hysteria about sex?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well obviously the logical conclusion is to hand over choices over children's development to a ministry of the government.

Lukybear

HSC
Typical. Most posts have called for the thread to be deleted or have simply posted something like "end thread" or "of course its disgusting."

As I said, I don't think its okay, but like all beliefs, its worth questioning.

So far no one has provided a serious rebuttal of the OP or explained why the taboo makes sense.
But logic only goes so far. Take the case of the romantic period, the brilliant arts produced, that come from emtion, not some enlightened rationality. We should embrace our deep emtions and conscience, even if there might not be a perfect reason for it.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
But logic only goes so far. Take the case of the romantic period, the brilliant arts produced, that come from emtion, not some enlightened rationality. We should embrace our deep emtions and conscience, even if there might not be a perfect reason for it.
Emotion is great for producing art.

Deciding how to live our lives and what is right and wrong is a totally different story.

I'm sure we've all experienced an emotional state where we felt like punching someone in the face. Hopefully our logical brain was strong enough to stop us.

If something is so obviously true, as you suggest this is, you should have no trouble backing up your feelings with some sort of logical explanation too.

Lukybear

HSC
And even you yourself said that you were against it. Why so? Even there might be cases where rationally it is ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)