Is HSC tuition fair? (1 Viewer)

ajmason87

HSC
I believe that the whole idea of HSC tuition riggs the system. Some ppl may simply not afford to have tuition, while i know rich ppl who have tutors for every subject. The basic aim of tuition is to gain an edge over those that dont have tuition, but it certainly favours the affluent. I know ppl who simply take tuition to catch up with those that already have it, its a perpetuating problem. Is HSC tuition fair?

HSC
IF you are not financially advantegous, thats why there is such thing as libraries and seeing teachers after school or emailing them ...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
It's our society. people who are more financially advantaged will always have the upper hand over those not so advantaged, not just with school but everything. I don't see it changing any time soon, so your best bet is to get over it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You mean the world isn't fair??

d_a_n_z

HSC
its all karma.. to the people who buy their UAI's...and then buy their way into uni....and then buy other stuf....

(muuuhhhaaa...mmuuuhhhaaa) EVIL LAUGH - it'll come back to you three-fold

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
its all karma.. to the people who buy their UAI's...and then buy their way into uni....and then buy other stuf....

(muuuhhhaaa...mmuuuhhhaaa) EVIL LAUGH - it'll come back to you three-fold
You mean they're gonna own 3 times as much stuff as us in the future? :p

huangker

Crammer
HSC
meh such is life, ppl can buy their hsc, they can prolli buy their uni degree too just in case their uai isnt high enuf. everything is commercialized these days

Counterfeit

HSC
SHUT UP!

You can not BUY your HSC, even if u can afford a tutor u have to put in the work to make the tutoring worth while.

Personally i think anyone who hires a tutor has been duped. Its quite funny to see the ammount of people who fork out copious ammounts of money just to fail their HSC in the end.
Tutors are not even magical in the least.

My advice? Stop whinging, and put in the work u dumb fuck! It'll do you better than going "waa waa i'm poor", sigh, maybe if u don't get a good UAI its cuz your dumb, ever consider that?

...When i leave school im going to be a tutor, woo easy money :D:D

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Counterfeit said:
SHUT UP!

You can not BUY your HSC, even if u can afford a tutor u have to put in the work to make the tutoring worth while.
Not if the tutor writes you an essay for English and all you have to do is memorise it, thanks to the Board's lovely catering to memorised essays in their exam questions.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Whether tutoring is successful will still depend on the effort/talent combination. Like a normal teacher, the concepts conveyed by the tutor must be understood, and work must be done to actually "learn" from him/her.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Not if the tutor writes you an essay for English and all you have to do is memorise it, thanks to the Board's lovely catering to memorised essays in their exam questions.
This is indeed a problem. But then again, plagerism has always been a problem, and the perpetrator could simply copy a top student's essay.

Counterfeit

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
well the poor student still has to memorise the whole essay. And write it!

Anyway chances are that theyre too dumb to remember something that is not in their own words, and on top of that theyre probably too idiotic to adapt the essay to the question in any way, so at most I say they get a band 4. Seriously anyone who is foolish enough to hire a tutor deserves to fail their HSC. And they will.

suhini

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Cry me a river...

Seriously, you don't even need tutors for the HSC, and people who pay for tuition are just suckers. Tutors know this well.
thats a bit stupid. sometimes people just cant grasp wat's going on no matter how hard they try and however much homework u do. and that's why quite a few people get tutors. so they can better understand the subject. not evryone is inherently talented at evrything, and maybe they just dont get wat the teacher is saying. then i guess to get a tutor isnt such a dodgy option.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Counterfeit said:
And they will.
I doubt it. Chances are, the average tutored student will be from a better off socio-economic background, while their parents place particular emphasis on education. Chances are, the tutored student will perform better than the "average" student.

adambra

HSC
Opportunity, like everything else these days, is just another commodity.

jmromeo

HSC
N/A
Tutors

Nobody ever will replace your teacher or the experience you get from every day lessons. However an experienced and qualified tutor can be a valuable complement to your classroom teacher if you are, first of all, prepared to do the right thing at school. If you cannot affort having a tutor I know for sure that you teacher will help you, if you are genuinely interested in learning.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
if your a tightass or simply cant afford tutors dont whinge here. I had a maths tutor about 3 weeks before maths, i was sucking at it all year, my cm was around 66%, after i had a few lessons with this "tutor" he lifted my hsc gen maths mark to 93% (calculated from answers in maths forum). so yes they do help, but it was him who helped me with q's i couldnt do and got me motivated to study for it again.

adambra

HSC
Why do you get a tutor? Motivation? Extra assistance? More time on one topic? Either way there is someone out there in teh same position who CANNOT AFFORD a tutor, and YOU will have the advantage over them. If the HSC is meant to only test ability and work-ethic then it is indeed a flawed system due to the advantage given to what are essentially, wealthier students.

Tommy - Congrats on your mark, not everyone can afford private tuition, I'm not "whinging", that's the way the world works.

Anti-mathmite - Noone is disputing that effort is required. It is however unfair.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)