Is it acceptable for a girl to text a guy first after a date? (1 Viewer)

Tegan117

HSC
I had a first date with a guy last night, and I think it went really well. We stuffed up on movie times, so we just sat down and talked for two and a half hours with absolutely no awkwardness, even though we had limited face to face contact with each other before hand (met through a mutual friend at a university open day). He asked me out, paid for the movie even though I tried to pay and we kissed goodnight afterwards, which all indicates to me that he showed interest.
Do I wait for him to text me first, or can I text him? Is there a certain time I'm supposed to wait before texting him, so I don't seem clingy? Is it polite for me to make the first contact considering he paid and asked me, or because I sent the last message, is it polite for him to text me?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I couldn't help but laugh at this thread for a moment. In all seriousness, do not overthink things because it gets you absolutely nowhere. Text if you feel you want to text as previously mentioned.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had a first date with a guy last night, and I think it went really well. We stuffed up on movie times, so we just sat down and talked for two and a half hours with absolutely no awkwardness, even though we had limited face to face contact with each other before hand (met through a mutual friend at a university open day). He asked me out, paid for the movie even though I tried to pay and we kissed goodnight afterwards, which all indicates to me that he showed interest.
Do I wait for him to text me first, or can I text him? Is there a certain time I'm supposed to wait before texting him, so I don't seem clingy? Is it polite for me to make the first contact considering he paid and asked me, or because I sent the last message, is it polite for him to text me?
uhh maybe you should wait until he texts you

(just to even out the opinions at 2-2)

Though really, it depends on the guy. There's probably no general rule...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's a ridiculous reason to give advice, even for you
fine :(

Let me write this one paragraph of completely uneducated and probably wrong drivel then:

Yes, if you want to text him - you should. Because... if the guy is the type to recoil and go "ewww she's clingy" to you texting him - you should realise that your volition to text is a product of your own personality, and therefore, should he reject you based on that terribly premature assumption based on one action, and keeping in mind the 'first date' you had (which sounded quite pleasant actually, the fact that you didn't go a movie saves you another paragraph of "I can't believe you people went to a movie on a first date" while also allowing me to commend you *applause* on your, in my belief, correct course of action in talking for two and a half hours (after all, isn't that what dates are about... learning about the other person... and stuff?)) - you should not, and will not, continue your perusal of him as a potential partner and boyfriend. If it so happens that you were to pursue him as a boyfriend: m8.... That said, have a nice day.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
The time you wasted not texting him he could have gone out and met some other chick so text him NOW!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
fine :(

Let me write this one paragraph of completely uneducated and probably wrong drivel then:

Yes, if you want to text him - you should. Because... if the guy is the type to recoil and go "ewww she's clingy" to you texting him - you should realise that your volition to text is a product of your own personality, and therefore, should he reject you based on that terribly premature assumption based on one action, and keeping in mind the 'first date' you had (which sounded quite pleasant actually, the fact that you didn't go a movie saves you another paragraph of "I can't believe you people went to a movie on a first date" while also allowing me to commend you *applause* on your, in my belief, correct course of action in talking for two and a half hours (after all, isn't that what dates are about... learning about the other person... and stuff?)) - you should not, and will not, continue your perusal of him as a potential partner and boyfriend. If it so happens that you were to pursue him as a boyfriend: m8.... That said, have a nice day.
That's a more tenable position :)

annieeeex

HSC
N/A
if you wanna text him, text him. he's probably waiting for you to text who knows, as long as you don't blow up his phone :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
don't be the overly attached girlfriend though

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Say you enjoyed the last time and that you were wondering when it could happen again

Eg155

HSC
Met a guy through a mutual friend also, we went to separate schools obviously. Then, we texted a lot after our first meet. He asked me out.
Went on a first date with this guy then after it neither of us texted each other.
This year we both changed to the same school and so we saw each other there. When we talked about what the hell happened last year he told me he didn't text me after because he didn't think I was interested.
Moral of the story : text him first.

mike12345678

HSC
to OP. i think you should text him. if you havent done so already just text him. if it feels right then just do it but dont think your obliged to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)