Is it automatic? (1 Viewer)

HSC
If I apply to defer my course at UNE and I get my application in by the right date, will they automatically let me defer?

The webiste says to include full details of why I wish to defer and how my situation has changed, but what kind of things are valid reasons for deffering? I want to defer because I need to earn some money before I can go to uni so that my parents don't have to try and pay for all my accomodation because that will not be easy for them.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
You need to write a (formal) letter to the university's admissions centre (just attach it to your application form) outlining why you wish to defer. I deferred for the same reasons as you; namely that moving away from home would put financial strain upon me and deferring would allow me to earn much-needed money. So long as you have a valid reason, they'll usually let you defer. In some ways it's a good thing because you can have some money on hand, but in other ways it's bad because some people don't fit in around college owing to the age gap.

HSC
I thought the age gap thing wouldn't be as much of a problem as it is in high school since, well, its uni.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
There is no age gap problem at EPC. I have firends who are 18 and others who are 24. If everyone is nice and civil there should be no problem with age gaps.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Maybe it's just me and my hard-edged, griity and dangerous good looks that people are jealous of.

Don't laugh, it works for James Bond.

HSC
aww...lol...I'll be your friend. ;)

Of course, I know what you mean. Sometimes my extraordinary good looks intimidate people too. 'Tis a hard job, but someone has to be this good looking.

:rofl:

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I was serious; I look like Daniel Craig.

Anyway, my point is that sometimes there's an age gap. I've got between six and eighteen months on a lot of this year's freshers, which can actually be quite a gap at times (heck, I've got six months on next year's JCR President!). I guess it boils down to maturity at times; right now I'd like nothing more than to give more than a few freshers a swift kick up the arse because they're all so bloody juvenile. Maybe that's juvenile in itself, but hey, fight fire with fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)