Is It guna be Fun?? LEGAL (1 Viewer)

blonde_auspo

HSC
Hey guys i just wanted to know ... does legal studies get intreasting.... we've just finshed the first topic and i wanna know if it gets better .....

Sadiah

HSC
Legal Studies was of my favourite subjects in my HSC programme, after English. Yes, for me it got interesting more and more after every topic. However, I think it also depends on your teacher and what depth studies you're conducting.

Albeit it has A LOT of theory, it is interesting and offcourse very informative as well.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Even though we're just starting the basics of legal studies, i already find it really interesting, and it's one of my favourite subjects :)

blonde_auspo

HSC
yea.... so far itz ok we've started annarchy n tyranny
sooo..... hopefulli it'll b fun....

Schoey93

HSC
Legal Studies is my favourite subject at the moment. It would be good if the Board changed the subject name to Law though. My teacher forgot to talk about tyranny.

HSC
Great subject!! if you think its good in year 11 wait till yr 12 it gets so much better with the core topic being CRIME. Yr 1 is mainly the history and theorey. 12 is much more practicle.

The course helps you to open your eyes to see what is happening around you in terms of new laws and how they effect others.

Schoey93

HSC
Great subject!! if you think its good in year 11 wait till yr 12 it gets so much better with the core topic being CRIME. Yr 1 is mainly the history and theorey. 12 is much more practicle.

The course helps you to open your eyes to see what is happening around you in terms of new laws and how they effect others.
What's your favourite HSC commerce subject - business, economics or legal? I wasn't going to choose any of them, as commerce in Year 10 was yawn-worthy, but I chose law instead of PDHPE and now I love it!

What made you choose all three commerce subjects? Are any of them yawn-worthy?

HSC
What's your favourite HSC commerce subject - business, economics or legal? I wasn't going to choose any of them, as commerce in Year 10 was yawn-worthy, but I chose law instead of PDHPE and now I love it!

What made you choose all three commerce subjects? Are any of them yawn-worthy?
I love all three, however mainly economics as it is so interesting how the world functions around the cycle of money.

All three was by accident actually, I started off with just economics and as there wasnt enough students to do the subject ended up doing it dis ed.

legal was the best subject on that particular subject line. and I had originally chosen to do IPT but after half yearlies from talking to a friend i was persuaded to change from ipt to business. I had always wondered how the subject was.

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
depends on what your two elective units are... we did indigenous peoples and global environment and they were sooooooo good! plus theres so much less content than family or consumers, and less people do those options, so when the examiner reads a global or indigenous essay they just love life cos its new and different

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Legal Studies is my favourite subject at the moment. It would be good if the Board changed the subject name to Law though. My teacher forgot to talk about tyranny.
No, it wouldn't - legal studies is not at all like law, and it would be very deceptive to students studying in high school.

jamesjoker

HSC
Legal studies was one of my favourite subjects last year - and had an awesome teacher. For me, it was very easy to get marks in if you put in a decent effort.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
No, it wouldn't - legal studies is not at all like law, and it would be very deceptive to students studying in high school.
I agree, very dissimilar.

I'm going against the consensus here.. legal studies bores me to tears. VERY easy marks to get. I bludged throughout the whole prelim year and only tried hard when we had assessment tasks[essays, not exams].. ended up with second place with, imho, was minimal effort.

Even now in the HSC year i'm finding myself bludging.. Since it's easy marks im allocating very little energy..

Henna_6

HSC
depends if you teacher makes it interesting and your topics..Crime in yr 12 is very interesting ...family can be a little boring and repetitive --law and society u just got to get through it but its a small topic...world order is quite good :)

band 6 in legal 2009

bouncing

HSC
world order sucks!! :'( its so much harder than all the other ones cos u cant just wrote learn form atextbook fml lollll

does anyone else hate making pages and pages of legal notes only for it to just be an essy! i feel like imw asting time :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)