Is it important to do extra curricular activities like SRC, competitions, etc? (1 Viewer)

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have a friend who does so much extra curricular activities and even things outside of school like sport. When i say extra curricular i mean Maths competition, English competition, Science competition, SRC, Public speaking (Debating and competitions), Music ensemble and sometimes volunteer work. So i was wondering does it really matter if you do so much? Will it help you get into university or work?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
If i was an employee i would care.

Eg: I have an option to hire one person out of two. One has alot of extra curricular activities, the other has none. I would choose the one with extra-c as it shoes he or she is proactive and wants work.

nomsayin?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
It helps with scholarships at uni, a lot of them want community involvement and evidence of leadership skills.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
No for 99% workplaces and no for 90% universities. They only look at ur atar. These 3-4 letters with a dot are what matter the most to them.

enoilgam

HSC
Doing that sort of stuff in High School can help a lot with getting scholarships, college placements, cadetships, part time jobs and internships (although they would probably be more interested in stuff you have done at uni). So they definitely have some importance.

Balls2u

HSC
Hi,

I have a friend who does so much extra curricular activities and even things outside of school like sport. When i say extra curricular i mean Maths competition, English competition, Science competition, SRC, Public speaking (Debating and competitions), Music ensemble and sometimes volunteer work. So i was wondering does it really matter if you do so much? Will it help you get into university or work?
no like your name suggests; all you need is swag

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
In terms of employment opportunities, depending on what it is, it can easily be more important than the marks you get.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Yes for university scholarships ... But a shitty atar like say...... A mystery mark or 50 will get you no where. You need to usually need to meet the requirements of a high atar to be eligible for scholarships first to be considered ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)