Is it impossible to live in Sydney and got to ANU? (1 Viewer)

Pussycake

HSC
Is it impossible to live in Sydney and go to ANU?

Just a question because I'm curious is it even possible to live in Sydney (particularly Parramatta region) and still travel to ANU for studies? Sounds kind of stupid but I here of people traveling 2 hrs + to uni everyday so yeah... just wanted to know cause from where Í'm standing that's the major reason why people from here don't go to ANU...

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
Re: Is it impossible to live in Sydney and go to ANU?

no, you'd have to move if you did a serious course...if you did something with really low contact hours, you might manage but i doubt it

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

There was a guy in my tute at CSU bathurst who was commuting daily from parramatta

Davo1111

HSC
N/A

lol, no you won't be able to sustain it. Just move your shit to canberra :)

kayvon

--
HSC
it might be possible for a low contact hrs course like arts/commerce but you would have to be lucky with ur timetable and you'd get over the 7 hrs of travelling each day so its not worth it.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I know someone who lives in Wagga (2.5hrs) and goes to ANU, but they have all their classes over 2 days, and so just crashes at a mates place in Canberra one night a week.

If you're doing science, don't even think about it.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
hey chooette: i'm curious. is your name based on the word "chouette" and do you either 1) know french or 2) play backgammon?

astroe

HSC
Yeah forget it,

You may hear of people travelling 2 hours+ but is it each way?
And this is 3 hours of driving, so at least 7 there and back as people have said. It would really take a toll on you, this monotonous stretch of road forever..

It would just be a waste of time over the long run and just plain bad.

Last edited:

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
hey chooette: i'm curious. is your name based on the word "chouette" and do you either 1) know french or 2) play backgammon?
It's actually from primary school, and doesn't have any kind of French or backgammon connection.

If you only had to travel ~3hrs each way once or twice a week, it could be done, but it'd suck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)