Is it normal to give up studying on the HSC when offered early entry? (1 Viewer)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Wait just out of curiosity, if your external marks are shit and you do good in HSC, do you still get a mystery mark or not?

santavself

HSC
Wait just out of curiosity, if your external marks are shit and you do good in HSC, do you still get a mystery mark or nota?
nah all 3 externals take up 50% of ur hsc mark, the other hsc mark is the hsc itself so if u do shit in externals u can have a chance of redemption in the hsc.

santavself

HSC
whats with the hate lol
its not hate to civil rights, its more a general distaste of modern history in its entirety. more about the essays than the actual core information when it comes to exams which dissapoints me greatly because i actually enjoy history

santavself

HSC
oh damn, so HSC is the final chance for people with shit externals than 😅.
yeah, and the other way around for others. that's why some try their hardest in their internals to farm ranking so that way it alleviates atleast some stress in the hsc

santavself

HSC
nice! was acu always your preferred uni?
i wanted macquarie originally but for some reason they rejected my early entry and didn't let me reapply (they let my friends though for some fkn reason) but after that acu was my 2nd choice. idk why but the go8 unis never appealed to me and its not like i want to do a law at uts (if they even have that)

Suz D

HSC
I've gotten early entry into a university I like and I've not studied since the start of the end of last term because I feel as if I'm done with the HSC, and I don't see myself succeeding past the ATAR requirement for the course I got into. Now there's only 11 or so days left and I really could care less about studying for the HSC. Is this normal?
I have heard it's pretty normal (btw, good job as well!). Unfortunately I wasn't given this opportunity because I applied for universities that don't offer early entry. I would just recommend that you still study, even if it is not a lot. Remember, in a couple of months you could completely change what you want to do, so just have an open mind and still try to reach a suitable ATAR. But, the atar isn't everything. So many people have told me that in the end it really doesn't matter and that there are so many different ways to get into university. It's also common that people will change their mind about study and career choices anyways. So I guess still give study and the HSC a good effort, but don't worry too much about it.

cloud_berry

HSC
i got into wollongong and i lost all motivation, i honestly don’t care if i don’t go to a go8 uni (which i probably won’t at this point judging by the amount of effort i put in) because i can always transfer later if i really want to. though i think i’m happy with uow since i think it’ll add some change to my lifestyle and the campus is nice, but i heard from someone it has a lot of eshays .. no idea if that’s true. hopefully it isn’t.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
i got into wollongong and i lost all motivation, i honestly don’t care if i don’t go to a go8 uni (which i probably won’t at this point judging by the amount of effort i put in) because i can always transfer later if i really want to. though i think i’m happy with uow since i think it’ll add some change to my lifestyle and the campus is nice but i heard from someone it has a lot of eshays .. no idea if that’s true. hopefully it isn’t.
heyyy I'm planning to go Wollongong too - and same, at this point i have no motivation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)