Is it possible for somebody with a really low IQ like 110, to achieve a 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

bio_nut

HSC
Lol, you don't know the average IQ, do you?

CecilyMare

HSC
Lol I've always thought that the average IQ was 130..

And then I checked and realised izan was wrong as well, it's actually 100.

Well anyway of course I didn't know the average IQ, who do you think I'm asking this question for.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Anything's possible really but you have to remember that there's quite a few genius types i.e. philosophical genius, literary genius and so forth. From that point, it's just a matter of choosing subjects which best fit into that mold.

mioumiou

HSC
Anything's possible if you work really hard. Yes, maybe having a high IQ may have a bit of advantage but if you don't work hard, you're wasting your talent too.

So anything can be possible if you're a hard worker. And getting a 99.95 of ATAR can also be possible too!!

edit: Good luck with your studies as well as everyone else!

heirware

HSC
I too was going to point out that IQ is based on a bell curve and 100 is meant to be average.

But at any rate, what inane questions. Seriously 'How likely would it be?', would you like a percentage that we have carefully obtained from controlled studies? What kind of reasonable answer would you get?

wendybird

HSC
Abit of a dodgy question imo.

1. How many people even know their IQs anyway?

2. To what degree can we measure the IQ with any accuracy - for example professional testing? Testing on an online quiz? Its hardly scientific given the variety of tests and their varying qualities.

3. Do we know for sure that IQ is an accuarate measure of "intelligence"? Seems like an overly simplistic way of trying to capture a person's success really.

I've no doubt that 99+ people are highly intelligent. But that intelligence includes a variety of skills: time management, passion, dedication, interest and talent for a particular subject/subjects in addition to what one might call "intelligence".

I'd suggest you all quit worrying about IQ and ATAR. Who said the ATAR was a very good measure of intelligence anyway? (I don't particularly think it is)

HSC
Uni Grad

2. To what degree can we measure the IQ with any accuracy - for example professional testing? Testing on an online quiz? Its hardly scientific given the variety of tests and their varying qualities.

3. Do we know for sure that IQ is an accuarate measure of "intelligence"? Seems like an overly simplistic way of trying to capture a person's success really.

I've no doubt that 99+ people are highly intelligent. But that intelligence includes a variety of skills: time management, passion, dedication, interest and talent for a particular subject/subjects in addition to what one might call "intelligence".

I'd suggest you all quit worrying about IQ and ATAR. Who said the ATAR was a very good measure of intelligence anyway? (I don't particularly think it is)
+1 to everything and if you want a high atar the bold is very important.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I reckon my IQ is about 105-110 (doing those stupid National IQ test things). I got 99.85.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A

A certified IQ test performed under supervision by a psychologist? nope, it's planned.
I took the international high iq society test online and scored top 3% and for $X I could become a member instantly.
I got 130 on iqtest.com
EDIT: Do I think I'm that intelligent - not really :p
An online test is a very rough indication, doing a standardised test under supervision - because everyones doing the same/similar test then pretty accurately
EDIT: A single IQ test is roughly 96% accurate, you need the average of 3 within a year to get your "true IQ"
Dr. C. George Boeree of Shippensburg University said:
intelligence is a person's capacity to (1) acquire knowledge (i.e. learn and understand), (2) apply knowledge (solve problems), and (3) engage in abstract reasoning. It is the power of one's intellect, and as such is clearly a very important aspect of one's overall well-being.
IQ tests are great although it is now said that your EI (Emotional Intelligence) is just as important

Last edited:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
How do you even know what your actual IQ is? All the tests give different results and there doesn't seem to be any correlation.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
How do you even know what your actual IQ is? All the tests give different results and there doesn't seem to be any correlation.
I would probably go to Mensa Institution to get the test done...it probably gives the most accurate IQ measurement imho

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I think this thread is quite offensive to those who got themselves tested and got an IQ of under 110.. really sorry

My friend who is really dumb (sorry friend, but he knows this himself) has an IQ of 110 and I think he's one of the most stupid people i've met, apart from the omegle randoms who don't really count in the first place.

And emotional intelligence, interesting.
I agree, it is quite offensive. I did one of those tickle IQ tests which are extremely inaccurate. It said I had an IQ of 135. It boosted my self-esteem but is no measure of my intelligence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)