Is it possible to ask the uni if (1 Viewer)

2KL4SKL

HSC
they could enrol me in a full class for one of my tutorials? Because otherwise I will have to go especially on Friday just for this one class and this will really limit my employment flexibility because I won't have a single day free. Also if I lie and say it's because it will clash with my other classes will they check my enrolment? So what can I do?

cassiecocaine

HSC
I'm no expert, but I think it's better not to lie... they would probably check. I have to go for just one class on monday, tuesday and friday, but I figured out a way to still squeeze in two jobs, i'm sure you'll be right. Why can't you do weekend work?

Edit: I don't have a day free, either :)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
A space might open up. Keep trying to get into that class, and beg the authorities to let you in.

witide

HSC
If they say no, try and organise a swap with another student.

sickk

HSC
@ cassiecocaine

how can you get atar of 84.59?

Lydia_88

HSC
like cassie said, consider weekend work if you cant manage to get a day free....

dawdlex3

HSC
Honestly, unis expect you to stay as a FULL-TIME student and you can't ask them directly about wanting to leave a day free. You ought to see if you can swap with another student.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Unlikely it will work, most students work and thus everyone would try and do that.

Keep checking to see if a spot frees up (happens all the time as people adjust timetables) or find someone to do a swap

John555

HSC
Honestly, unis expect you to stay as a FULL-TIME student and you can't ask them directly about wanting to leave a day free. You ought to see if you can swap with another student.
I agree. University should be your full-time commitment, just like a full time job. If you approach university as just something on the side then I think you should do part-time or reconsider your goals.

dude01

HSC
I've asked to be put in certain tutorials because of work commitments plenty of times, never had a problem... don't lie and say that you have a clash though, just tell the truth and say that you have to work. If they say no the first time, ask again, or try different unit coordinators/tutors.

I agree. University should be your full-time commitment, just like a full time job. If you approach university as just something on the side then I think you should do part-time or reconsider your goals.
Some of us have to work to support ourselves while in uni though.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
they could enrol me in a full class for one of my tutorials? Because otherwise I will have to go especially on Friday just for this one class and this will really limit my employment flexibility because I won't have a single day free. Also if I lie and say it's because it will clash with my other classes will they check my enrolment? So what can I do?

normally they wouldnt allow you under certain circumstance, the reason they have a limit for the number of seats available during tutorials is mainly for OHS issues and regulations as stipulated per university policy

ask the lecturer in charge or unit coordinator involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)