Is it possible to obtain an estimate HSC mark of singular subject? (1 Viewer)

zhertec

HSC
Was just wondering if it were possible to obtain like an estimate of moderated, scaled etc marks for a single subject, in this case chemistry, by my internal chemistry rank and marks (including weightings) of each assessment? So basically an estimate of what mark BOS will give me for this subject if I continue at around this level..

zhertec

HSC
In that case, can I possibly get an estimate for these marks/ranks, thanks :)

Course mark: 83/100

If anything else is needed to calculate the estimate, feel free to ask.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In that case, can I possibly get an estimate for these marks/ranks, thanks :)

Course mark: 83/100

If anything else is needed to calculate the estimate, feel free to ask.
I need a school rank. That would be ~91 at James Ruse but 80 at Penrith HS. Ideally, the school itself would help because there are a lot of schools that are particularly strong in particular subjects.

zhertec

HSC
School was ranked 18th last year I think and consistent top 20.

zhertec

HSC
Thanks guys :) Just wondering, if I were to aim for 95, what ranking would I have to obtain to get around that?

zhertec

HSC
Top 10 just to get 95 moderated/scaled etc? :O and I've read like most of the questions about how internal ranking affects your overall mark but I still dont get it...like lets just say someone is 10 ranks higher and I potentially get a higher raw mark for the actual external HSC, will I still get a lower mark than them due to ranking?

D94

HSC
N/A
Top 10 just to get 95 moderated/scaled etc? :O and I've read like most of the questions about how internal ranking affects your overall mark but I still dont get it...like lets just say someone is 10 ranks higher and I potentially get a higher raw mark for the actual external HSC, will I still get a lower mark than them due to ranking?
You will always get a lower assessment mark (because that is proportional to how well you did at school during the year), but your final HSC mark, which is the average of your assessment mark and exam mark, can still very well be higher.

zhertec

HSC
Sorry for relighting a semi-dead thread, but I was just wondering if that's how the internal ranking works, can't schools just make easier assessments so the entire cohort marks are increased, and then like have side tests which are hard but are not weighted...? So like in the end, the entire cohort assessment marks are high and they only have to do well in the HSC externals to get band 6 and state ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)