Is it possible to pick up Chemistry in Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Pieces of Me

HSC
I've just found out that I need Yr 12 chemistry for the uni course I want to do :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Fortunately for you, it is possible. You should inform your school and head of science as soon as possible and request to pick it up before year 12 if it's possible at your school. The sooner you begin, the less you have to catch up on.

Pieces of Me

HSC
For those of you who do chemistry do you think it will be hard to catch up on

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hey, rivi dude, can ya seriously pick up a course in yr12?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
live.fast said:
hey, rivi dude, can ya seriously pick up a course in yr12?
Yep, but you have to catch up with all the preliminary work done in year 11. So it's alot of hard work if you want to pick up a subject in year 12.

HSC
Pieces of Me said:
For those of you who do chemistry do you think it will be hard to catch up on
Some bits will, some bits won't. But if you are thinking of changing, the sooner the better.

karnoganguli

HSC
A lot of catching up to do so change as fast as possible. Our teacher said that moles will have probably worth 10 marks in the final hsc so study that thorougly. It'll be hard but if you have the desire then there's no problem.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Pieces of Me said:
It said Yr 12 Chemistry so i don't think i can do a bridging course
I thought a bridging course was just that. A course for students who did not study that particular subject in yr 11 and 12 through which you learn the assumed knowledge for the course.

P

pLuvia

kloudsurfer said:
I thought a bridging course was just that. A course for students who did not study that particular subject in yr 11 and 12 through which you learn the assumed knowledge for the course.
It's not required you do these bridging courses, although it does help for the certain course you do. Since courses sometimes have subjects as "assumed knowledge" not "prerequisites"

live.fast said:
who told you that?
She's right

volition

arr.
HSC
I doubt your school will let you pick it up, I think you'll probably have to do a bridging course if you want that knowledge now. Still, you might as well ask and find out

Pieces of Me

HSC
I think i will catch up on the prelim chem course during the coming term and in the next holidays ready for year 12, do you think it is possible to cram all that work in?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
no uni course/degree requires you to study chemistry, or any subject.....if you have the required UAI you can do any course/degree you want.....it just helps if you have studied specific subjects as it builds from them but if you havent done a subject you can do a bridging course or just learn it yourself.....

Pieces of Me

HSC
timobr0 said:
no uni course/degree requires you to study chemistry, or any subject.....if you have the required UAI you can do any course/degree you want.....it just helps if you have studied specific subjects as it builds from them but if you havent done a subject you can do a bridging course or just learn it yourself.....
I thought that you can't do bridging course for pre-requisites only assumed knowledge

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Pieces of Me said:
I think i will catch up on the prelim chem course during the coming term and in the next holidays ready for year 12, do you think it is possible to cram all that work in?
1 year's worth of work in one term and a bit is very possible.[comment]This comes from a kid who did 2 years worth of work in 2 terms =)[/comment]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)