Is it possible to remove a unit from my transcript? (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, I am wondering if it is possible to remove a unit of study that I passed from my transcript to regain the credit points used. I would like to drop an already completed unit to give me more cp for a unit i'd rather take. I understand if this is possible I wouldn't be reimbursed for the cost of the unit and it would be removed from my transcript.

Is this possible to do?

enoilgam

HSC
Is this possible to do?
I'm not 100% sure, but I dont think so. Once you've done a subject, it pretty much stays on your transcript unless there are exceptional circumstances. I graduated with extra CPs and the extra unit I did remained on my transcript.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Only way to get rid of it, I believe is transferring degrees and not applying for the credit transfer from it.

Otherwise it kinda just lingers on your transcript, no matter how many units you do.

Fake-Name

HSC
Cheers guys.

I know that at some unis you can 'buy' additional units and go beyond your needed cp.

Anyone know if it's possible for me to buy another unit in my final year so I have more units than required for my degree?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Cheers guys.

I know that at some unis you can 'buy' additional units and go beyond your needed cp.

Anyone know if it's possible for me to buy another unit in my final year so I have more units than required for my degree?
I'm not 100% sure at Macquarie, but I know you can at usyd.
I would call/ email them to find a definite answer, however I don't see why you wouldnt be able to

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you want to take more units than required by your degree you can definitely do so, so long as you're happy to pay for them. Pretty sure you just e-mail e-student and ask them to add on some 'general study' units, which you can use for whatever you want, provided you meet the prerequisites.

That said, i don't think that doing so will eliminate other units from your transcript/GPA (if that's what you're asking). I'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure the extra units just get added on; they won't 'replace' old units and thus cause those old units to become obsolete for the purposes of your transcript/GPA. If this were the case everyone would do it to switch out units they fucked up earlier in their degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)