Is it possible to take 2-4 weeks off during Semester 2? Is it advisable? (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
Is it possible to take 2-4 weeks off during Semester 2? Is it advisable? I think I need to go back to my country during semester 2 for about 2-4weeks. Is it possible to go or will I be missing important tuts or be very far behind in content when I return?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
you're only supposed to miss up to two unexplained tutes. I have missed about 4 tutes and provided doctor's notes for each. I'd imagine you would have to do assignments early and talk to the head of your dept.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I have a wedding in Bali in September, can I give up two weeks to go?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
i'm waiting for someone experienced to reply.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I'm wondering about this too, but in semester 1.
I have to get my wisdom teeth out and if I wait, my teeth are going to get crooked... :|

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah I'm wondering about this too, but in semester 1.
I have to get my wisdom teeth out and if I wait, my teeth are going to get crooked... :|
If its medical i think its okay so long as you get doctors notes and try to rock up to all your tutes for the rest of the year.

I got my wisdom teeth out (3 - surgically) and I think I only missed a week of uni. My face looked lopsided for a while but I was lucky enough to not really get any pain. They'll give you a note suggesting how long you should be out for and they are really generous.

deterministic

HSC
tutes are not compulsory. unless the course allocates part of your final mark to tutorial attendance or lab work you wont miss much that you can't do by yourself. otherwise tutorial attendance only matters if your final result is borderline fail when they choose whether you get a pass conceded or fail.

for assignments and such, definitely talk to your lecturer. if you are lucky enough that the assignment is submitted online, you should be fine. Otherwise special arrangements may need to be made. As for quizzes and exams during that time, there are usually no supplementary exams except for the final, and even so you need a very good excuse (ie. medical reasons).

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
is a wedding a good excuse? I'll do my assignments early. :( I have complusory lab work this sem and next sem.

deterministic

HSC
is a wedding a good excuse? I'll do my assignments early. :( I have complusory lab work this sem and next sem.
My bet its probably not good enough to get a supplementary quiz/mid sem exam. Finals wont be held until November so you should be fine for that. As for assignments, they shouldn't be such a big deal if you finish them early. Either submit online or give to a friend to submit for you in person. As for lab work, do you know how much the labs are worth and whether you need to attempt it or not in order to pass the course?

Given that the wedding is in September, maybe one of the weeks is during a mid semester break (Check the academic calendar for your uni)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)