Is it too late to pick up a subject? (1 Viewer)

fromsobi

HSC
I completed the preliminary course for business studies back in year 11 but then swapped it for modern history in late 2012 and now I'd like to go back to business studies. Is this possible?

I'm quite sure I can catch up as there isn't much to learn. (It's pretty repetitive). Although, I've got catholic trials starting next week, there's still about a week and a half till the business
exam. If I do swap right now, will i have to sit the catholic trial or will i be given couple of weeks to prepare for it?

Also, what's the latest date you're allowed to swap a subject? A guy who graduated last year was forced to drop 2U maths in late term 3 and pick up general maths due to his poor marks.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
catholic teachers are extremely stressful, as I was doing modern history back in year 11, and moved from to physics at the term 2, then even year 12 started I asked the co-ordinator if I can move back to modern, she said no not at an circumstance, so I dropped physics. This is how it goes mate, teachers don't give a shit about your education, they only care about getting paid, this is only reason the are strict.

I am sorry, but you have to deal fight back, if you want to move. plus catholic trials are next week, so they wont let you change epecially at this stage of time, also you have to learn the material and catch up, which takes tiem away from you other subjects to prepare. Just start study for your subjects, truct me they very strict, once they said no, thats it.

coyney

HSC
I highly doubt you would be able to do the trial at a later date. Also nobody can force you to drop any of your subjects.

fromsobi

HSC
I don't go to a catholic school (top 50 ranked) and according to BOS, 2012's last date to change subjects for mid september and it should be similar for 2013, give or take a few days.

i meant to say that if they do let me change, do you think they'll let me sit another trial in 2 or so weeks time?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't go to a catholic school (top 50 ranked) and according to BOS, 2012's last date to change subjects for mid september and it should be similar for 2013, give or take a few days.

i meant to say that if they do let me change, do you think they'll let me sit another trial in 2 or so weeks time?
So you're going to learn the whole course in two weeks?

I'd say its achievable, but I doubt you're teachers will let you switch at this stage in the game (lol).

Business is easy, yes. BUT don't underestimate the amount of content.

Lul

HSC
mate, i'm not gonna read that crap you posted, as i'm studying for trials atm. IF your in yr 12, and u want to pick up a new subject. you may as well jump off my aunts three story house in Balmain.

Why am i being rude? I'm not.

Are you going to report me to BOS? Probably yes, but i'm being honest, speaking my mind (free speech bro) ;)

fromsobi

HSC
mate, i'm not gonna read that crap you posted, as i'm studying for trials atm. IF your in yr 12, and u want to pick up a new subject. you may as well jump off my aunts three story house in Balmain.

Why am i being rude? I'm not.

Are you going to report me to BOS? Probably yes, but i'm being honest, speaking my mind (free speech bro) ;)
I'd rather jump off MY four storey house ;)

Bobbo1

HSC
Yep, probably too late to pick up a subject now unfortunately :(

enoilgam

HSC
Speak to your school but I highly doubt it, you havent completed most of the assessments anyway.

fromsobi

HSC
Can't i complete the assessment afterwards? Like maybe within 3 weeks my trials finish?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
You're much better off sticking to Modern. I highly doubt you'd be able to do it as well as do all of the Business Studies assessments. I don't think any school would be willing to accommodate.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's definitely too late.

Don't get your hopes up.

fromsobi

HSC
It's definitely too late.

Don't get your hopes up.
Why is it too late? Isn't it possible to learn the content for business in 3-4 weeks as well be studying for other subjects? Can't I do the assessments later on?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is it too late? Isn't it possible to learn the content for business in 3-4 weeks as well be studying for other subjects? Can't I do the assessments later on?
No.

fromsobi

HSC
Mate I just took the liberty of doing a business exam, and if I marked it correct, I achieved a mark of 47%.

That's from general knowledge and stuff I learnt from year 11. If i got a mark of 47% with just general knowledge and accumulative info from researching over the years, I'm sure I'm more capable of surpassing a 90 if I study for 3 WEEKS.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Mate I just took the liberty of doing a business exam, and if I marked it correct, I achieved a mark of 47%.

That's from general knowledge and stuff I learnt from year 11. If i got a mark of 47% with just general knowledge and accumulative info from researching over the years, I'm sure I'm more capable of surpassing a 90 if I study for 3 WEEKS.
Probably. The issue is whether your school is going to allow you to pick up a subject right before the trials of YEAR 12.

nifkeh

HSC
Can't i complete the assessment afterwards? Like maybe within 3 weeks my trials finish?
tbh, I don't see why they would offer you ability to do that.. it's just a bit unfair on the other students. in my school if you dropped from 4u maths to 3u, your 2u maths assessments would be weighted more to compensate for your lack of previous assessment tasks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)