is it too late? (1 Viewer)

molmont

HSC
I have presently got 5 weeks left of the Preliminary Course and am studying Chemistry but I am not doing very well. I've been thinking about changing to Legal studies as i am much stronger at English than the sciences, and I was wondering what people thought about this.

Do you have to have done the prelim. Legal Studies course to go well in the HSC course, and is it too late to catch up on the prelim course??????

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
molmont said:
I have presently got 5 weeks left of the Preliminary Course and am studying Chemistry but I am not doing very well. I've been thinking about changing to Legal studies as i am much stronger at English than the sciences, and I was wondering what people thought about this.

Do you have to have done the prelim. Legal Studies course to go well in the HSC course, and is it too late to catch up on the prelim course??????
I think the Prelim course is a preresrequite for the HSC course...

molmont

HSC
Yes i know, but I have the opportunity to change into legal studies at this point in time, albeit for only 5 weeks.

molmont

HSC
I can change from chem to legal now, and sit the end of year legal exams, but i'm just not sure how hard it is to catch up?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
molmont said:
Yes i know, but I have the opportunity to change into legal studies at this point in time, albeit for only 5 weeks.
That's bizarre. You technically haven't done the Prelim course. When my school entered in my courses for my HSC to the Board of Studies, I didn't have Prelim German Continuers, which is a preresrequite for the HSC course, so it said I was illegible for the HSC. They fixed it as I'd spent a year in a German speaking country, considered equivalent, but I don't know what they'd do for you...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It probably is too late. You just have to tough it out in Chemistry.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
For HSC chem you need to know your valencies/mole calculations/intermolecular forces very well.

Anything else is negligible. (as far as I remember about prelim chem)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
molmont said:

Are you Year 10 now or what?

You seem like a Year 11 student.

frenchduke

HSC
Well, im not sure if its technically too late, but prelim legal has shit all to do with Yr 12 stuff. Especially as the prelim stuff is almost all covered in the first 2 units, "law in society" and "criminal law".
I slept throguh almost all of my legl prelim, cant remember any specifics, and im still getting 95% in my exams. So if you are allowed to, go for it, cause chem is rubbish in yr 12.

frenchduke

HSC
Also, If you wanted to catch up and do well in your yr11 exams, 5 weeks is plenty, Legal studies is just a memory game, as well as a test of your writing ability, which you said you have.
But this is all just if you are allowed to do it, Like many people have pointed out, you have to have completed prelim course before you can enter in the HSC course. So I dont see how you would be able to make the change at this late a time.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Heh - it's not as we've done much in Legal this year, anyway? :p

omarast

HSC
molmont said:

wtf???????????????????????????
i wantd to change into legal studies at da same time as u n da careeres sed it was to late. i was willing to catch up all over the holidayz, dats bullshit.

yea drop chemistry easily trust me ive heard that its a hard course, nd alot of ppl in most skool dropped it for senior scince, which isnt worthdoing. i know coz im doin it but i needed to keep 12units n play it safe

if u can do it but u may have it hard for da 1st assesment in year 12. ders no point of doing a good scaled course if u cant excel in it, im not saying that ur not but yea thats my opinion

the humanities subjects are so much easier and scale almost just as good, n der more useful in life den chemistry and sciences.

if u want like a medical job or something along those lines keep chemistry

hold up are u accelerated?

-tal-

HSC
molmont said:

If you're good at using the terminology, yeah go for it. Legal isn't hard. It's a matter of showing you know the most correct interpretation of something, as opposed to a more black and white type of subject such as chemistry.

Nat3skiz

HSC
molmont said:
you can do it just stick your head down.

jazzbaby

HSC
people at my school are changing subjects as well
but
they have to do ALL the assessments from prelim course.

SimonLee13

HSC
If you seriously cram for it, 5 weeks of full study is okay to get a general idea about the Prelim course; granted that you neglect everything else xD. I can read my whole textbook(Cambridge Legal Studies Prelims) in about 2-3 days, albeit being a very short one but its remembering the content that's the issue.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
If you seriously cram for it, 5 weeks of full study is okay to get a general idea about the Prelim course; granted that you neglect everything else xD. I can read my whole textbook(Cambridge Legal Studies Prelims) in about 2-3 days, albeit being a very short one but its remembering the content that's the issue.
I reckon it could be less Simon - especially since we don't need Migrants or Women. :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
molmont said:
no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)