Is it too late???? (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I feel like I've wasted these precious six weeks doing nothing at all. No matter how hard I try to study, I just couldn't focus and I still have heaps of notes to write for each subject. I live in a very small apartment that is pretty much like a wasteland with things all over the place and I rarely have any space to put my books in, let alone having no room at all to study. I know that a lot of people have used up those holidays studying and catching up while I've done nothing. I'm usually the type who studies a lot but i don't know what happened during the holidays. Now I'm stressing and I've regretted everything. I'm already having the feeling of failure. And it's the HSC.

But is it too late for me to at least achieve anything at all???

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Not at all

I know of people who have wasted their Summer holidays in the past but have managed to pick up their game during the year to go on and receive an ATAR of 97+

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
If you're finding it difficult to work at home. Try clean up your space, or atleast your study space and allocate area specific for HSC resources, organising your notes, books etc will greatly help you, even just to hold it as storage and if you need to study you could easily prepare the stuff you need to take if you would rather work in a library with more space.

tabithaa

HSC
N/A
i did nothing during those holidays and still managed to get an atar of 95+, am now studying law at uts. please relax, everything will be fine
If you find it difficult to study at home, go to the library or something. Goodluck with your studies.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
It is never too late until the last second of your holiday period and the pens down of your final HSC exam

always keep that in mind this year and you should do just fine

buriza

conviction
HSC
Well the only thing you can do really at this point is keep on persisting. You do still have three terms left so there's a lot of time to get things together. Just get focused and prepare yourself for your half-yearlies so you can set yourself up well for the year. Good luck!

HSC
No seriously - I'm exactly the same. Before heading overseas to visit my grandparents, I had one day to complete all the necessary holiday homework (like an essay and creative and flashcards.) And after that, I did absolutely nothing. Finished Naruto, got onto the Shippuden after starting the Sunday before Term 4 2014. Saw my friends. Bummed around. I don't regret not doing anything besides having fun and feeling less suicidal all summer.

I feel it's impossible for someone to remember everything they possibly crammed in their head through summer because a large part of the HSC is realising when to stop and take a break, to rest and recover. Doing that is really important and that's what summer's for. Those bitches (trust me, I know a lot) who study their asses off during summer are a) crazy and b) will crash and burn later on in the year. The HSC is a marathon, not a sprint. I know myself I wouldn't remember any of the notes I would've written over summer, and would sit in class not concentrating because "I've written all my notes." Doing it lulls you into a false sense of security.

When school starts again, just make sure to have a consistent effort. It's good that you know you're the type that will work hard and study, and when you get back into the zone of school you'll be right :) Of course you can achieve anything!! Don't sell yourself short :) I'm in the exact same position as you, it's all gee ~ Good luck for the HSC, fellow 2015er. ^^

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
First thing you should do is calm the fuck down. When you're calm, write the shit u need done and allocate deadlines. Slowly build up the amount of work you do as school starts. No point stressing, it'll get u nowhere.

redjnr

HSC
No LOL
I usually started studying 2 weeks before the half yearlies / trials (with a lot of it being accomplished DURING the exam period). While it's nice to have notes e.t.c. all prepared 2 months before assessment, if you are a cramer, and it is just how you study, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Zorren

HSC
I know I didn't start this thread, but it has really helped me to stop freaking out. Thanks guys!

HSC
I was pretty bludgy these holidays, didn't get everything I planned completed. School gets me in the mood for work so definitely we can do it!
Best of luck everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)