Is it true uni is more relaxing than HSC year? (1 Viewer)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
haha
certainly my attitude
except exams start in 10 days and i'm yet to care in the slightest.
Nahhh. Ten days is forever :).

It feels like this semester has gone pretty quickly, though.

youandmexo

HSC
For some reason I've found myself leaving assignments to the very last minute at uni and getting stressed at having to complete them so close to the deadline. I never really had this problem at high school but for some reason it is happening now (I've pulled 2 all-nighters in the last week to finish 2 essays + more, when I never did any all-nighters at school).
this is so true.

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Haha i went into uni with the impression that the first year is like a 'party year' where you do no work. So wrong.

Gmac_0

HSC
For some reason I've found myself leaving assignments to the very last minute at uni and getting stressed at having to complete them so close to the deadline. I never really had this problem at high school but for some reason it is happening now (I've pulled 2 all-nighters in the last week to finish 2 essays + more, when I never did any all-nighters at school).
The reason for this is probably due to the fact there is no pressure from teachers and stuff, there is no way anyone will chase you down and so you end up writing 1500 words the night before type deal.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Haha i went into uni with the impression that the first year is like a 'party year' where you do no work. So wrong.
I don't get where people get this idea from, i always assumed uni would be a lot harder than high school...

HSC
I don't get where people get this idea from, i always assumed uni would be a lot harder than high school...
So did I, and I was surprised that I wasn't close to failing in my first year (from everyone hyping up that uni was a lot harder and not to expect as high marks as you got in high school).

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It's a fairly common perception, and it can be true if you're in the right degree for it. But then another common perception is that merely getting Ps is okay...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's a fairly common perception, and it can be true if you're in the right degree for it. But then another common perception is that merely getting Ps is okay...
What kind of degree would be easier than high school =s

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
people.. people!!

is it true that firms/whateva hire you based upon your course averages?

like.. will they take students who get distinction averages before those who just have pass averages? or, like a friend of mine says "it doesn't actually say on your grad certificate whether you've got disctinctions or passes"

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
people.. people!!

like.. will they take students who get distinction averages before those who just have pass averages? or, like a friend of mine says "it doesn't actually say on your grad certificate whether you've got disctinctions or passes"
They ask to see your transcripts, so of course they'll see what grades you got. Most graduate programs have a minimum requirement of a credit or distinction average.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
people.. people!!

Grades are not the be all and end all. However, having good grades is definitely a must if you want to enter a graduate program in a reputable firm (they usually request for your academic transcript). Most firms accept a credit average at least. Extracurricular activities also matter especially if your grades are not that great, but keep in mind there are many others out there who have done heaps of good extracurricular activies AND have good grades. So without good marks, you're already behind most contenders for the position...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)