Is it true uni is more relaxing than HSC year? (1 Viewer)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If you choose a course you like, I think it should be more relaxing than the HSC.

If you choose something you end up hating, a 13-week semester can seem like an eternity.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If you choose a course you like, I think it should be more relaxing than the HSC.

If you choose something you end up hating, a 13-week semester can seem like an eternity.
No

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Clearly, not relaxed as in "this is a breeze and you can get by without doing any work". But in the sense that there's potential to become more involved in something you're interested in, yes. Typically there will always be subjects people hate though.

Winn

HSC
Back at high school, I envied uni students as a pass was all they needed.
Now that I am at uni, I envy high school students because high marks(85+) are so much easier to obtain for them.

Oh, and I am doing engineering, if that makes any difference.

veeveearnh

HSC
Hmm, but at least you don't have to analyse Shakespeare in uni, right? I am counting down the days until I can burn my English notes... (all other subjects are fun :))

I'm under the impression that as long as I get rid of English, uni will be bliss...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
There will be units you do at uni that you struggle with or don't like, same as high school.

I prefer uni because I'm older, I've learned how to handle the stress of assessments and balance work and play. I can be employed, go out and still do my assessments no worries. The marks are more difficult to get, and every year it gets harder, but you learn what your uni assessors want from you.

Whereas during the HSC my friends were all hermits so I didn't do anything either.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
During the HSC I don't recall staying up until 4am working on essays and heading to the library at 8:30am to finish them. :|

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha I did.

I don't think I've done a proper all-nighter at uni. I'm much better behaved.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
During the HSC I don't recall staying up until 4am working on essays and heading to the library at 8:30am to finish them. :|
Neither do I. Except I seem to remember being a lot more disciplined last year, gah.

moonblack

HSC
P.s stay away from law.
Law degrees are the new arts degrees.
SHUTTLE BUS IS ACTUALLY CORRECT STEER CLEAR OF LAW.

SHUTTLE BUS ME M8 LONG TIME NO SEE

SHUTTLE BUS

SHUTTLE

heres what me and my mate do during our breaks, it saves the boredom:

terminator69

HSC
For some reason I've found myself leaving assignments to the very last minute at uni and getting stressed at having to complete them so close to the deadline. I never really had this problem at high school but for some reason it is happening now (I've pulled 2 all-nighters in the last week to finish 2 essays + more, when I never did any all-nighters at school).

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
For some reason I've found myself leaving assignments to the very last minute at uni and getting stressed at having to complete them so close to the deadline. I never really had this problem at high school but for some reason it is happening now (I've pulled 2 all-nighters in the last week to finish 2 essays + more, when I never did any all-nighters at school).
+1

Except I don't have anything due until 10 June now so uni is once again relaxing as I'm back in the habit of, you know, ignoring it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)