Is it worth applying? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
I was just wondering
Is an international brain bee and an international biology olympiad good enough to have a realistic chance at getting a place at oxford/cambridge or an ivy league WITH A SCHOLARSHIP or am i better off just going full scholarship to umelb or usyd? Im aiming for neurosurgery btw

Kittikhun

HSC
It's better than nothing, but, mate, why would you want to go all the way overseas and be away from family and friends for an almost equally good education that you can get here in Australia? I recommended you to do your undergraduate stuff here in Australia, and if you're good enough to, do your postgraduate stuff overseas at Oxbridge or Ivy League, so that you can see both worlds rather than just one. Also, you'll save money and avoid doing a lot of paperwork. All the best in whatever you choose to do though.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
What's the downside in applying?

It's better than nothing, but, mate, why would you want to go all the way overseas and be away from family and friends for an almost equally good education that you can get here in Australia? I recommended you to do your undergraduate stuff here in Australia, and if you're good enough to, do your postgraduate stuff overseas at Oxbridge or Ivy League, so that you can see both worlds rather than just one. Also, you'll save money and avoid doing a lot of paperwork. All the best in whatever you choose to do though.
It doesn't matter what university you go to, you just have to get an MBBS or MD. Be aware that it will take you a few extra years with UMelb and USyd as you need to finish an undergraduate degree first before you can start medicine.

You also need to weigh up whether you want to work in the UK or here, as the working environments are vastly different--it's tougher on the junior doctors in the UK. Then you can apply for Neurosurgery.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
I was just wondering
Is an international brain bee and an international biology olympiad good enough to have a realistic chance at getting a place at oxford/cambridge or an ivy league WITH A SCHOLARSHIP or am i better off just going full scholarship to umelb or usyd? Im aiming for neurosurgery btw
nope.avi

Ivy league and oxbridge is highly competitive as it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)