Is it worth it being friends after a breakup? (1 Viewer)

Redgoddess

HSC
cupcake08 said:
hmmm my last breakup was 'clean' we haven't really managed to stay friends at all.

the best way for you both to get over it is just avoid each other. sad but true :( usually its just one person trying to hook up again anyway.
way to generalise. it's not always about trying to hook up, sometimes you've got a really good emotional connection but it just wasn't working for some other reason (distance, attraction, whatever) then sometimes you can be friends. i think it depends on each individual circumstance, and yeah, for sure sometimes it won't work to be friends, but i don't think you can make the generalisation that it's always based on one of the people involved trying to get back together or get a goodbye fuck.

cupcake08

HSC
Redgoddess said:
way to generalise. it's not always about trying to hook up, sometimes you've got a really good emotional connection but it just wasn't working for some other reason (distance, attraction, whatever) then sometimes you can be friends. i think it depends on each individual circumstance, and yeah, for sure sometimes it won't work to be friends, but i don't think you can make the generalisation that it's always based on one of the people involved trying to get back together or get a goodbye fuck.
fair enough, i was just speaking from my own personal experience and a few of my friends who desperately cling on to their exes under the guise of 'maintaining the friendship'

Redgoddess

HSC
cupcake08 said:
fair enough, i was just speaking from my own personal experience and a few of my friends who desperately cling on to their exes under the guise of 'maintaining the friendship'
yeah, fair call, i guess that does happen a lot, but i know a fair few ppl who are friends with exes, so yeah i think it's fairly dependant on the situation, it can go either way.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
My ex and I just recently broke up, simply because life was too hectic to maintain a decent relationship. Because of that, we remain friends, and we still plan to hang out once in a while, if we have time.

Theres no reason not to still be civil and be friends, unless it hurts to see them etc.. Depends on the situation.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
.:BL4D3:. said:
Wel I tried, failed, Screw it. Not worth it anyway. Just block her on MSN and she's outta your life
Hmmm doesn't sound like too bad of a plan

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Being friends is risky. may lead to other person thinking ur hanging on in quiet desperation.

jest

HSC
depends on how you ended the relationship if its worth it or not, if you fought all the time then don't stay friends

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
if you become friends and keep contact, maybe you can get back together

litsaki

HSC
i agree with foxy cleopatra... ma ex and i broke up for reasons that we could not control mostly wid his family,, and i was there for him to b supportive afterwards but he just became too moody and i started to fall out of love wid him... since our breakup was hard coz we both didnt want to lose eachother,, he after acted as if we were still an item but i needed to move on... he just kept wantin me bak...

if u can stay as friends after a breakup its great but its usually hard if you both were in love

SquidY06

HSC
if you broke cause of an arguement..then it was prob pretty big...so becoming friends again would be hard...and if you guys became friends...you'd only try to get back together again - because without the arguement..you'd be great together

but if you break because you dont think that you types matched..or like you were two different ppl..then staying friends would be fine - cause you know that together..even on a good day...it wouldn't work out so good

HSC
If I broke up with my boyfriend (more than 2 years) it would be really easy (physically) not to see him much. He works just a few minutes down the road, but lives about 20 minutes away and has lots of his own friends.

Emotionally it would be a lot harder, as his friends, have become my friends and my friends are his etc, and i would probably see him when i went out, which would be heaps bad if i saw him hooking up with some random chick (or someone i knew). I would also miss seeing his family.

I would try to at least be friendly to him, but like every one else has said, depends on why you broke up. If you just drifted apart, it would probably be much easier to be friends after you broke up. If he cheated, than that is a lot different.

It would also be weird as I only knew him for a week before we went out...so we werent "just friends" for very long at all.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
depends..
but its awkward..
even if u dont talk
&& go the same freakin skool..
&& same class..
but we talk now..

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
emiliieee said:
depends..
but its awkward..
even if u dont talk
&& go the same freakin skool..
&& same class..
but we talk now..
Do you really have to type like that?

shortie_689

HSC
tallkid34 said:
Personally, I wanted to be friends with my ex but after her unwillingness to give me a chance to clear things up, I don't care anymore. I realise now that it's just better that I forget about her completely and simply move on.

What do you guys think?
I tried with my recent ex but I broke up with him and he keeps calling but I am so sick of his voice and him calling I don't want anything to do with him!!! Its funny how things change.
If you can do it by all means go for it but personally for me it totally doesnt work!!!

Bored7

HSC
I would love to be friends with my boyfriend if we ever broke up...
BUT..
I couldnt bare to see him with another girl,and.. i'd want to be with him!!
It would be hard.
Not looking forward to it if the time comes around :(
He was originally my good friend for 4 years before we decided we should go out.
Gahhhh!!
Hate breakup's all together.

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
I've just broken up and were giveing the "just friends" thing ago. Its going well. Except neither of us had to deal with the other going out again..

besides the fact that my new bf is a car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)