Is it worth it to get a UMAT tutor? (1 Viewer)

ghuy

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm starting the HSC course next Tuesday and I was wondering whether it would be worth it getting a UMAT tutor to help be prepare for the actual UMAT test?

Thanks!

Toniily

HSC
hey ghassoub,
im not trying to persuade you into spending a lot of money, but just yesterday, i had my first umat lesson and i was taught skills and tips that normally you couldn't pick up. i could teach it to you at school or whenevever but i highly recommend you to think about it. nonetheless, im more than happy to teach you what i learn :)

braintic

HSC
N/A
How about we get the most naturally intelligent doctors, instead of the most heavily tutored.

joelferns27

HSC
N/A
Hey Toniily, wheres a good place to get UMAT tutoring? Your tutor? can you please give me some contact details because im really really passionate for it but im so scared for it at the same time lol

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You shouldn't get a tutor for the umat. Just walk in there and do your thing.

study1234

HSC
I reckon that while a tutor could probably teach you some Section 1 and Section 3 techniques, I found that studying for UMAT was a lot of self-directed learning. You learn the techniques and the 'way-of-thinking' from practising drills and practice papers. Start early, do as much practice as you can, and you should be okay. Good luck!

moodforfood

HSC
Tutoring is only helpful for section 3 of the Umat paper as their resources are more accurate.

With section 1 and 2 though even if the tutoring does give students a way to approach those questions too often do they think of those techniques as a bible of sorts and just stare dumbly at the question when those techniques cannot help them.

I made it to medicine and declined it as blood scares me - but personally I've been to umat tutoring and could safely say 90% of the section 1 techniques they taught me didn't help on the day.

I was able to think critically and adapt on the day - that was what helped me. My friends, not so lucky.
Don't think that Acer won't adapt their questions to screw with the people who have gone tutoring.

Though instead of wasting 1000 dollars or so, I am willing to send you a few documents for free outlining some section 1 and 2 approaches that may help.

MzRobinHood97

HSC
Tutoring is only helpful for section 3 of the Umat paper as their resources are more accurate.

With section 1 and 2 though even if the tutoring does give students a way to approach those questions too often do they think of those techniques as a bible of sorts and just stare dumbly at the question when those techniques cannot help them.

I made it to medicine and declined it as blood scares me - but personally I've been to umat tutoring and could safely say 90% of the section 1 techniques they taught me didn't help on the day.

I was able to think critically and adapt on the day - that was what helped me. My friends, not so lucky.
Don't think that Acer won't adapt their questions to screw with the people who have gone tutoring.

Though instead of wasting 1000 dollars or so, I am willing to send you a few documents for free outlining some section 1 and 2 approaches that may help.

Will you mind to send me any documents too? I cant get a tutor and am going to do the UMAT.

such_such

HSC
Depends - was taught a bunch of tricks but in the actual UMAT it was full of surprises and suddenly you question everything you've learnt LOL

HSC
N/A
Hi.

Having tutored UMAT, I have seen significant improvement in my students over two or so months. I think that obviously tutoring will work for some and not for others, but you should definitely give it a try to see if it works for you. Better to try and see whether it works for you, rather than not try and all.

I am offering classes + a correspondence course for UMAT. It is as cheap as $10/hr, and you can just give it a try for the first week and then decide if you want to do more. Check out some sample questions and information on the classes in my sig.

If you would like, I can also email you a practise test I ran earlier in the year so you can see the kind of course that I am running!

manreen_

HSC

Hi! Would you mind sending me these documents as well? Thanks :)

HSC
N/A

me three please!
thank you :D

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
I knew some people who scored quite well but did not have tutors. You don't 'need' a tutor to do well, per se. But it may help if you are struggling.

ivorybranches

HSC

Could you please send me these as well? Thank you so much :)

Katya1

HSC

Could you send them to me too please? My email is katya@denas.net.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)