is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Use the Jacaranda for extensive study
The Excel for pouring over concepts briefly
... and bos notes to further your understanding :)

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by AK Gumbi
I reckon the two best tbooks are 'Physics Contexts 2' and Jacaranda. Although i must caution u, Contexts has quite a few mistakes, and so if something doesn't look right, ask ur teacher or confirm with Jacaranda.
IMO, summary books/'revision in a month books' arent useful because they may only give u the bare minimum for a dotpoint and if u just use this, it'll be hard to get Band 6. Its good to read as much as possible for all dotpoints, so u have an overall understanding, and ur answer (providing u have done a lot of practice papers and yes i strongly recommend Success One), will reflect ur higher understanding, and u'll hopefully get full marks for that question.
Also, on top of Success One, practice heaps of past papers (at least 5-10), so u can practice actually answering the question and the question verb i.e describe, evaluate, etc, and get ur teacher to mark these.
Sorry, gone a bit off track...but im bored, hehe :)
The only thing i dont like about contexts is that the freshness of its papers stinks.. and they don't give you a CD with answer like the one they give your for their chem publication

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Wohzazz
The only thing i dont like about contexts is that the freshness of its papers stinks..
yeh i hate that smell!!!

stinks like shit....and that my reason for not using it! and plus its just green.
make it colour you guys!!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
lol... i think i got all the books

its only like 30 bucks each. must have spend like 3000 dollars on books.
u can buy it 2nd hand off the buy/sell section, saves u hundreds

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
must have spend like 3000 dollars on books.
and half of the amazon is now gone.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
i hate amazon.com, i ordered some books some time ago and it took them 3 month for it to get to me when i don't need it anymore.
Well when shipping out 45 textbooks it takes time.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
excel is good as its TO THE POINT;

dont copy notes/summaries from this site; its a good idea to write dot points on separte pages and answer them; or may be just tick off the dot points and use the notes made with tutor or teacher;

At first i was happy that this site had notes; i even printed em off...but i never used em.....its better to do ur own work....u understand better!

juggernaut

HSC
i always use the notes from this site.. if u actually use good ones (eg. fridgids, timmys) they are really helpful.. often more than textbooks
my textbooks and notes from this site have been the best combo for me writing up notes

victorling

HSC
N/A
lol
you can come to my book-saling thread in the buy/sell and tuition services forum
but..i think the macquaire study guides have already sold out...let me check out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)