is language extension really hard ? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
is language extension really hard? although im not great in japanese continuers (80%+), i find japanese extension quite all right. but does it get harder gradually? my teacher kept pressuring me by saying that i cant do japanese extension and advise me to drop extension immediately if i feel uncomfortable with the course.

thx in advanced.

Last edited:

janchanisek

Durian
HSC
I guess it also depends on how much effort you plan to put in for this subject
"is it really hard" is a very hard question to answer lol cos it depends on what each person thinks is hard and individual circumstances =P butttttt language comes with practice inevitably, like you'll have to spend quite a bit of time on it, just reading/listening to extra jap texts etc. so that you're even more immersed in the language. one thing's for sure, it will help you in continuers quite a bit if you do extension (i did french continuers for my hsc and i kind of regret not having done extension cos i know that wouldve given me an advantage in continuers!)
so yeh sorry cant help much but hope you make a decision you won't regret! =]
p.s. this is coming from someone who loves learning languages lol =P

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
is language extension really hard? although im not great in japanese continuers (80%+), i find japanese extension quite all right. but does it get harder gradually? my teacher kept pressuring me by saying that i cant do japanese extension and advise me to drop extension immediately if i feel uncomfortable with the course.
alright*

plshelp

HSC
It takes a lot of time and work. I know for french u had to write an essay on the environment and there's also a whole topic dedicated to belonging in the lamguage :) so be prepared.

And for ext. language in HSC i think there's like an impromptu speech for like 7 minutes..thats for french ext. not sure about jap....

muzeikchun852

HSC
It takes a lot of time and work. I know for french u had to write an essay on the environment and there's also a whole topic dedicated to belonging in the lamguage :) so be prepared.

And for ext. language in HSC i think there's like an impromptu speech for like 7 minutes..thats for french ext. not sure about jap....
same thing with japanese - except our speech is only about 2.5 mins x 2 ..

NewiJapper

HSC
3 Unit Japanese can be very rewarding and interesting if you do well in it. I tried it for a term, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I mean I enjoyed it for the time I did it, but it seemed a waste of time for something that wouldn't count towards my ATAR.

muzeikchun852

HSC
3 Unit Japanese can be very rewarding and interesting if you do well in it. I tried it for a term, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I mean I enjoyed it for the time I did it, but it seemed a waste of time for something that wouldn't count towards my ATAR.
japanese extension is not as time consuming as i thought. but the difficulty of the course is quite high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)