• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Love Worth More Than University? (1 Viewer)

jcnme

aussie-battler
HSC
ive bin goin out wit this guy for almost 6 months and i feel like i wuld do anything 4 him and i seriously feel like i love him.
He's goin to uni next year at brisbane and i have applied to go there too but i dont think i'l get in.
is it worth moving to brisbane to be wit him or shuld i stay in coffs harbour and have a long distance relationship or just call it quits

hipPo3

HSC
jcnme said:
ive bin goin out wit this guy for almost 6 months and i feel like i wuld do anything 4 him and i seriously feel like i love him.
He's goin to uni next year at brisbane and i have applied to go there too but i dont think i'l get in.
is it worth moving to brisbane to be wit him or shuld i stay in coffs harbour and have a long distance relationship or just call it quits
you realise theres a love and relationship sub-forum right ?

your young .. fuck him and dump him.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Of course it is.

Brisbane is a much nicer place than NSW.

X

xeuyrawp

erawamai said:
...no.....
Well said.

You'll break up whilst up there, regret your decision, and then come back here and bitch about it.

Go to a uni here (if your relationship is worth it, he'll move for YOU), and then find someone better.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Key words there are "six" and "months". Don't throw away your potential career on a 6 month relationship.

Retard.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Key words there are "six" and "months". Don't throw away your potential career on a 6 month relationship.
i totally agree. ur dilemma sounds almost laughable. the answer is obvious. :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no

if you're in love it will survive the distance, you have to be yourself and live your own life and let him live his, do not follow him around like a puppy dog. definitely do not follow him to uni.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
jcnme said:
don't move there just yet, even if you wont go to uni, you need time to set up your own life, maybe you can go to tafe, or even uni through tafe. you need love in your life, but if you don't have your own job and stuff, you won't really succeed in love either, again, what i'm saying is set your life up first, love won't feed you.
if there is real love there, he will wait for you, long distance is difficult, but you'll be together in the end anyway if it was meant to be, time flies even if it doesnt seem like it.
i think you should talk with eachother and see how things go, if he's willing to wait, then don't throw something that could be special, because you may regret things later, but, if he says he can't handle that, then you should probably go for the quits.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
me said:
Why doesn't he go to uni with you? Make HIM decide whether love is worth more than uni..
Wow I am so smart. All you have to do is go to uni, then the pressure is on him to decide whether or not love is more important.
I rock.

No more posts in this thread plz.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
This is a decision that you must really make yourself.

Though heres what I have to say-Others have said no, but I'm going to say yes.
Love is worth more than university. Love isn't a easy thing to find.
You can defer uni for a year and work in Brisbane if you don't get in. It dosn't hurt to take the risk, If it was me I'd take the chance and see how things work out. If things don't work out you can always move back to Coffs Harbour. Goodluck!

olchik

HSC
iambored said:
no

if you're in love it will survive the distance, you have to be yourself and live your own life and let him live his, do not follow him around like a puppy dog. definitely do not follow him to uni.
I totally agree!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
jcnme said:
No.

As you said yourself you've been going out for just six months - whilst three months is acceptable marrying time in a hollywood movie it doesnt cut it in the real world, especially at our ages.

If you do move you will be essentially investing a huge ammount in an untested relationship. You will be throwing away attending uni and pursuing your own dreams.

When the relationship sours you will be cut off from the support network of your family, you won't really have seperate friends to him. Your lives will be so linked that any break will be much more painful - and ironically living in each others faces like that also increases the odds of aforementioned split.

You're what 18? You've got a whole lot of life to live don't throw it away for a mirrage of happiness.

On a more personal note I have experience in this area my gf and I had been together much longer and it still didn't work and the moving certainly made everything worse when we split. (as a qualifier I did not follow my gf nor she I - we both wanted to do International Relations prior to even knowing each other.

On top of that a mate is currently sleeping in my spare room he and his gf having just split under almost identical situation as you are describing eg she followed him to uni.

Trust me moving is the wrong decision to make. The relationship wont work and then you'll be up shit creek.

I would suggest trying a more relaxed distance relationship see if that works. Possibly plan on transferring unis after first year so that you can be together but not need to through away your dreams.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
loquasagacious said:
No.

As you said yourself you've been going out for just six months - whilst three months is acceptable marrying time in a hollywood movie it doesnt cut it in the real world, especially at our ages.

If you do move you will be essentially investing a huge ammount in an untested relationship. You will be throwing away attending uni and pursuing your own dreams.

When the relationship sours you will be cut off from the support network of your family, you won't really have seperate friends to him. Your lives will be so linked that any break will be much more painful - and ironically living in each others faces like that also increases the odds of aforementioned split.

You're what 18? You've got a whole lot of life to live don't throw it away for a mirrage of happiness.

On a more personal note I have experience in this area my gf and I had been together much longer and it still didn't work and the moving certainly made everything worse when we split. (as a qualifier I did not follow my gf nor she I - we both wanted to do International Relations prior to even knowing each other.

On top of that a mate is currently sleeping in my spare room he and his gf having just split under almost identical situation as you are describing eg she followed him to uni.

Trust me moving is the wrong decision to make. The relationship wont work and then you'll be up shit creek.

I would suggest trying a more relaxed distance relationship see if that works. Possibly plan on transferring unis after first year so that you can be together but not need to through away your dreams.
I love you man, I'm transferring to ANU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)