Is Modern History YOUR fav subject? (1 Viewer)

What's your fav subject?

• Modern History

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Ancient History

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • History Extension

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I love my Ext teacher but my Modern teacher is probably one of the best teachers in the state

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
modern history is the subject i do the most well in, but im not sure if its my favourite subject coz i never gave any thought into it.

craz

HSC
Originally posted by Tanya
Modern History is just way too boaring! But i picked it so that i didnt have to do maths. I think there is too much to remember in Modern... GAHH
then whats the point of you doing history? drop it then. Modern History is interesting particularly if you have a good teacher who looks at your work in depth and tells you what to expect. especially a harsh marker but that doesnt deter me from modern history, it's my favourite. I'd choose history over maths anytime.

malayz_angel

I agree! I'm doing general maths and it's heaps easier than calculus and all that crap but I would take history over maths if I had to. If u have enough units and ur comfortable/happy with the rest, just drop modern cos its hard work unless u dont mind putting in the effort. And speaking from experience in maths, if u dislike the subject, its heaps harder to study for!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
That's pretty high praise. Lucky you!
Hehe yeah I know and I wouldn't say it about any other teacher that we've ever had but our teacher like writes the texts books and is a head marker and stuff so we're really lucky to have cos I think its lifted the class a lot

Beanie

HSC
I do all three subjects too. History is the best. The order of best to worst is modern, extension, then ancient, as in ancient you need to remember lots of weird names and many sources.

malayz_angel

It's true about having to remember weird names and sources, but the advantage is that people aren't clear about what actually happened, so you can occasionally make up historians and arguments. I know I do :)

Benno

HSC
dam u guys r lucky my school only offers modern (country school)
but i love all history! and would have loved to do Ancient and extension. and wanted to so bad

Najwa

Especially at the moment history is my worst subject. HSC's comming bup and I still need to make notes on china and Areb Israeli.There is too much content to cover in History and it's easy to forget it because of that.I've started to hate school altogether, but if you want a future you have to make sacrifices.

craz

HSC
same here. we only offer modern history..but i dont like ancient history too many names and other things to learn. there is a lot of work involved in history, but if ure willing to work hard and u really do like history then u will do well.

malayz_angel

Arab Israeli's not too bad Najwa. Start off with the more obvious events like the creation of Israel, the Suez Crisis, the Six Day War, the Yom Kippur War and the formation and effects of various terrorist groups like the PLO and Hamas

DJBABAL

Yeh, I agree with most of you guys, History is a lot of hard work, but if your willing to put in the effort, then it can be very rewarding and interesting. You can learn alot from history about todays world, why things are like they are and also helps you understand the political scean, if you are interested in that.
I guess what Im trying to say, is that if you apply yourself and work hard, history is very rewarding, and unlike english or maths, it can give you some real life knowledge that you can use to impress your freinds and family at thoes footy club trivia nights :p

malayz_angel

[it can give you some real life knowledge that you can use to impress your freinds and family at thoes footy club trivia nights :p [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)