Is my handwriting going to be a problem? (1 Viewer)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
tbh pretty terrible, my english tutor is a marker and says she prefers large print that is legible at around 6-8 words a line

HSC
N/A
Hi elecsplash,

Whilst not perfect, your handwriting is acceptable. The test that we use is to forcefully read writing at a pace that you'd read typed content at, and count the number of words that your brain 'automatically' skips over due to poor writing. We didn't have too many problems with yours. Some 95+ students we've taught have had far worse handwriting.

All the very best.

Last edited:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
after all 1 marker will mark more than 50 papers a day and it is only reasonable to do your best at legibility

Candidate

HSC
I can read it fine. Experienced English markers are perfectly capable of reading worse, fluently. My English teachers have much messier writing than yours, and mine isn't far off.

elecsplash

HSC
after all 1 marker will mark more than 50 papers a day and it is only reasonable to do your best at legibility
I'll defintiely do my best to write neat, but i tend to spent a fair bit of time planning etc and sometimes i'll be short on time so i will have to resort to that type of writing.

madharris

HSC
N/A
:\
is it neater if you print instead of doing running writing?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If I was writing 2000 words in 40 mins, that's how mine would look like

I write really really neat but fast for some weird reason

my hand aches though

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah it would be but theres no way i can write 3 essays in print.
Fair enough :p
Just try to make it as neat as possible.
Because honestly although I can make it out, I think trying to figure out what the word says interrupts the flow of the sentence and may inhibit the marker from understanding what you're saying.
Hope it all works out for you though :)

elecsplash

HSC
Fair enough :p
Just try to make it as neat as possible.
Because honestly although I can make it out, I think trying to figure out what the word says interrupts the flow of the sentence and may inhibit the marker from understanding what you're saying.
Hope it all works out for you though :)
yeah will do, thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)