Is school boring and irrelevant to you? (1 Viewer)

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
instead of listing everything that is bad about school...what is it that we WANT from a lesson at school? i personally would prefer more "intelligent" discussions and interaction in the classroom, with the textbook work and questions/exercises done at home. even so, i can see how this is not possible in my case as, one: most of my classes seem to be unable to place any intelligent input into whatever class discussions there are and two: the majority wont do the bloody work at home anyway so the only way for the work to be done is, in class under the eagle eye of the teacher..sigh
I agree with that. It seems like every time the teacher sets homework, my class groans and complains and crap on about 'they have no time' when most of them are just too lazy. i actually feel quite sorry for the teachers.

Tarek

Originally posted by Epiphany
I agree with that. It seems like every time the teacher sets homework, my class groans and complains and crap on about 'they have no time' when most of them are just too lazy. i actually feel quite sorry for the teachers.
.... come to my school the teachers(well most of them) are lazier than the students.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Originally posted by DooNy_TeChY
the only thing that seems irrelevant to me is the content of the general mathematics syllabus. it is totally irrelevant to anything that almost everyone would ever wnt to do in life. especially algebra, its not really hard but it does get monotonous
the general maths course seems to have the most relevant informatin that you will ever need ie financial stuff and all that for all the 2 U and above will agree that unless you are really going to go all out at uni and do maths you will probably never need to know how to integrate or what the area under a curve is. Oh excuse me sir please wait until i figure out what the square root of the parabolic quadratic stationary point is ????? that is what is irrelevant to me

Demandred

HSC
Other than assessments and tests, I couldn't really care less about some of the work I do. Sometimes its increadily hard to pick up the pen and start writing.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Originally posted by KfWang
I ask you, where in life would an ordinary person come across a situation in which he/she was required to apply calculus or algebra???
In advanced maths applications such as physics or other braches of science. Area under the curve and actually give important information in those contexts and an accurate method is required.

But apart from that, no theres no applications

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
calculus and algebra is actualy very important in fields like engineering, sciences and even social sciences to some degree...so they are not completely useless :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
school for me was actually just another step in life which i had to take...
did i enjoy it....yeh to certain extends
was it boring....yeh
did i have fun yes!
only thing i hated was having to wake up every morning lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)