Is school certificate really important (1 Viewer)

nonsenseTM

HSC
important ?? to whom? if you think so, just study for it for whatever reason you have.

however, I don't think it has any impact on your senior study though it sort of indicates your ability. i.e. if some one gets band 1 for sc, imagine what band he/she'll get for hsc?

and I don't think there is such a thing called "failing sc"

HSC
Years 7-12 is easy as pie man... people that say otherwise are the ones putting pressure on themselves... year 10 doesnt count adn niether does year 11 EXAMS (knowing the content though, does) so get over it years 7-10 ESP are easy and a breeze no studying what so ever (for me year 11 and some of year 12 as the same)!

HSC
Uni Grad
NB: SCHOOL CERTIFICATE MATTERS FOR OVERSEAS UNI'S. so, if you're planning on applying for any ivies/oxbridge/kth/royal institute/l'ecole polytechnique etc.

make sure you do reasonably well in SC.
Is this only for undergraduate at overseas universities? Coz I don't think that it would be relevant to postgraduate/graduate school since graduate school is much more flexible and the standardized tests for graduate school are like 10 times harder than the SC..

MzG1zi

HSC
r u sure it really doesnt really matter? lyk there isnt any barrier kind of thing is there? cause theres rumors lyk if u got band 4 for science in SC then ur mark in the HSC for any of the science subjects wont be able to exceed band 4....cause if thats true im totalli stuffed

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
r u sure it really doesnt really matter? lyk there isnt any barrier kind of thing is there? cause theres rumors lyk if u got band 4 for science in SC then ur mark in the HSC for any of the science subjects wont be able to exceed band 4....cause if thats true im totalli stuffed
That's a myth, don't worry about it.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you got band 4 for english or science, you probably wouldn't be recommended to do Advanced english, physics or chemistry, but you'd were still allowed to do it...

And if you get under band 4 for english, maths and science, then that's when shit happens :p

However, you can still get at least band 5 even if you try hard, coz I know people that got like band 3 or band 4 for science, but get band 5's and 6's in advanced english, maths (General/2U/3U/4U), physics and chem..

For me, all I just want is at least band 5's and band 6 for maths, coz SC should be relatively easy to score at least band 5 if you work hard and such...

Last edited:

0bs3n3

HSC
What. the. fuck. Stop acting like its a huge thing. It's the damn SC, I didn't study and got full Band 5's :/

Seriously, chill, play some WoW while you have the freaking time, be a kid for as long as you can.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well compared to future exams it seems insignificant, but if you don't have one you can not go to year 11. So in a way it is sort of important. It is a minor stepping stone until you reach your hsc. Regardless of whether it is important or not, I'm still going to try and see how I fair with everyone else in new south wales.

HSC
N/A
Well compared to future exams it seems insignificant, but if you don't have one you can not go to year 11. So in a way it is sort of important. It is a minor stepping stone until you reach your hsc. Regardless of whether it is important or not, I'm still going to try and see how I fair with everyone else in new south wales.
That's an excellent way to go about it!

But the only problem is, I really want to do Ex. Math, but I got the equivalent to a band 2 in my trials...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yes but it is very, very, very difficult to fuck up so bad that you fail the School Certificate. In that sense while you do need it to go on to senior school, you are practically guaranteed to get one so its not something you should stress or worry about as an important thing.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yes but it is very, very, very difficult to fuck up so bad that you fail the School Certificate. In that sense while you do need it to go on to senior school, you are practically guaranteed to get one so its not something you should stress or worry about as an important thing.

Lol practically. At my school, there are a lot of people who are getting N award warning letters. A lot of teachers are predicting who will leave with an empty envelope and a meaningless handshake from the principal.

Cee.

HSC
That's an excellent way to go about it!

But the only problem is, I really want to do Ex. Math, but I got the equivalent to a band 2 in my trials...
Same here. Maths trials were difficult and now I'm reconsidering 3U maths. The top mark was 88% but it was by some guy who repeated year 10.

Since I have been bludging all year, I'm just going to put a little effort even if SC is pointless.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
They are the minority, the fact is if you turn up to class and the exams and do the assignments regardless of how shit you do, you will get a School Certificate. For most, this is just what school is, it doesn't involve any study or hard work, you turn up and do the absolute minimum, you will still get a School Certificate. If you are N awarding the School Certificate then i doubt these people are interested in advancing to senior school and if are they will have to change their attitude pretty quickly or they will do just as badly.

gella

HSC
it
means
abso
fucking
lutely
nothing

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Don't worry about it unless you're leaving school. Otherwise it has no relvance.

Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)