• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is St. George the way to go? (3 Viewers)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
<3 to my multi access too. 5.5%? wow, what are the draw backs of that?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Jago said:
<3 to my multi access too. 5.5%? wow, what are the draw backs of that?
Woops, I misread, of course there is a catch:
St George website said:
High variable interest rate of 5.25% p.a. on your full balance up to $250,000 and 5.50% p.a. on your full balance of $250,000 or more.
Booo, guess I'll just stay with ING then.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
so you'd get 5.25% with $1000 account?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i just set up my account last week

and this week i got the multi access card, and organised the phone and internet banking really quickly

very happy so far, but i dont know if ill close my westpac account just yet...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
St George rocks.

The Multi-access card is great, so free, so handy.

Netbanking management of multiple accounts is also very good enabling easy instant internal transfers, bill paying and easy third party accounts.

Just make sure you get a freedom student then there are no account keeping charges.

fatmuscle

HSC
if you're a uni student, u have to go to St George EVERY YEAR to make sure you are on the freedom student account

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
..you generally have to do that everywhere, don't you?

...except at Commbank: they seemed to need it practically every month.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Skittled said:
..you generally have to do that everywhere, don't you?

...except at Commbank: they seemed to need it practically every month.
Yeah, pretty sure everwhere needs it. Commonwealth is the same, I only have to show them every march when my year runs out.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
has commonwealth started charging students for netbank? i was thinking of getting this st george thing and transferring money from my commbank account to this everytime i want to make a purchase online. but if ill have to pay a fee for each transaction it doesnt seem like its worth the hassle.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i have found one really stupid thing with westpac since i opend up a freedom student account with st george...

i wanted to transfer some money online from my westpac account using the payone feature to my st george account so i could buy something online, but westpac wouldnt let me transfer the money saying it appears the account number is a credit card number- when its not, its the account # st george gave me

stupid westpac

klh

HSC
have you tried doing UAc applicatiosn with st george cards? they dont work either..had to do the phone method. wouldnt accept mt st george card number for some reason (well sorta related to your problem)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i got my multi access card last week! :D:D

but i can't use it cos they haven't sent my pin out yet, so it is still un active...oh well

klh

HSC
do what i did, becoz i needed to use it (wanted to feel like grown up) i just went ot my branch and changed teh pin straight away before i got the pin in my mail, save time and memorising a new number.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you actually do not need the pin number to start using the multi access card, all i did was call up the confirmation serivce...followed all the dialogue and entered the confirmation number and i started using the card before i got my pin

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
You people seem to know whats the deal with the multi-access card so I have a question:
On Thursday night I bought a $80 bag from David Jones and when I went to pay the chick handed me a receipt to sign, so I thought she pressed the CREDIT option even though I said savings... Then shes like "Oh sorry" and fiddled with the computer and then gave me the receipt like what normally happens when you use savings. And when I checked my online bank statement there was no detail of that purchase at all. So, does this mean I would be getting a credit statement soon or something?

edit: Oh, just to make it clear about the whole online-statement thing, it skipped the purchase altogether. So now it's up-to-date but the purchase isn't there. So say if she had put the charge onto credit..what will happen?

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah it takes st george ages it seems to process any purchases made on the card, i spent about $100 2 days ago at chatswood and $25 at sanity online and it still hasnt shown up the details of the purchases i made...

all it does is that it gives you the total amount in the account and the amount available, basically subtract the amount available from the total and you know the total amount you have spent...

but you should have selected credit on those purchases cause then you pay fees for using the card...as is my understanding

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
but you should have selected credit on those purchases cause then you pay fees for using the card...as is my understanding
Yeah, that's right. In the letter I got it said to press credit and then you don't pay any EFTPOS fees. Pressing savings incurs a fee.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Wished my school canteen accepted EFTPOS :/

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
reading thru the info i got wen i applied, it basically says that if u press credit, it can take a few weeks for the charges to show up and be deducted from ur account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)