• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is St. George the way to go? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
townie said:
reading thru the info i got wen i applied, it basically says that if u press credit, it can take a few weeks for the charges to show up and be deducted from ur account.
That's not good, it's supposed to be a debit card, but if it takes a few weeks for the money to actually be deducted, then it's more like a credit card. People could spend heaps without realising it. >: (

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
but if u press savings, u pay fees, but get peace of mind, or how i understand it

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
townie said:
but if u press savings, u pay fees, but get peace of mind, or how i understand it
True but I hate fees!!!!!!! :vcross: boooo to fees maybe I'll just pay with cash every time :(

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yenta said:
That's not good, it's supposed to be a debit card, but if it takes a few weeks for the money to actually be deducted, then it's more like a credit card. People could spend heaps without realising it. >: (

i dont think that can happen, im sure if you try to spend more than whats left in your account the transaction is not processed at all and the purchase cannot be made

i tried it when i wanted to buy a ticket for something which costs $92 and i only had $75 in my account...thinking i would just pay back when i got the $17 cash to even everything out- didnt work

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i dont think that can happen, im sure if you try to spend more than whats left in your account the transaction is not processed at all and the purchase cannot be made

i tried it when i wanted to buy a ticket for something which costs $92 and i only had $75 in my account...thinking i would just pay back when i got the $17 cash to even everything out- didnt work
Yeah that's true but still you could end up buying something, but since it doesn't show up on your statement, you could forget about it and then buy more things, and then end up spending more than you intended to, especially if you were trying to save or something. Does it mean your account balance stays the same as well, until the transaction is recorded?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
I think It just depends when the store does their banking,usually it only takes a few days, and its really convienient as you can buy things of the internet etc.
My multi access card is linked to the same account as my normal st george keycard, and I though I could use the same pin number for my multiaccess card but it didn't work when I tried to withdraw cash.
Although I use my normal keycard to withdraw I thought I'd try with my multiaccess card.
Is a seperate pin number supposed to be sent out to you? Because I didn't get one.
They posted my card, because they lost my first one.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
Yeah that's true but still you could end up buying something, but since it doesn't show up on your statement, you could forget about it and then buy more things, and then end up spending more than you intended to, especially if you were trying to save or something. Does it mean your account balance stays the same as well, until the transaction is recorded?
I'm quite sure that it does show up on your mini statement when you withdraw cash.
On internet banking it says your balance, and your available balance.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
waddle_828 said:
i got my multi access card last week! :D:D

but i can't use it cos they haven't sent my pin out yet, so it is still un active...oh well
I didn't have to call and activate mine, I think it was already activated because its linked to my other st george account.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh, so available balance must be wat the store checks wen making a purchase, so u dont overdraw, they money just hasnt "physically" come out of ur account yet....clever

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yay, got my multiaccess card today. opened internet banking. the guy on the phone was soooooooo nice. then wen i went 2 close my commonwealth account, i got a sneery look, like, hello, my reason to leaving Commbank was summed up perfectly within the space of an hour

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah you closed the other account?

just drain it of money...and dont use it, you never know when a second bank account is handy for whatever reasons :) illegal or not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)