• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is suicide the "easy" option? (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Xayma said:
Well people take up more resources while alive, would require medical help probably long term for their depression and will die eventually anyway, probably after a long retirement.

Could save society some money
oh thats fucking nice off you..

lets just kill all the terminally ill people in hospital beds why we're at it?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mr_brightside said:

Why not?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
withoutaface said:
something about human rights...

elderly people and disabled people are in the same boat..
so what...once everyone gets to retirement, unless they can sustain themselves, they are left to die?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Xayma said:
Well people take up more resources while alive, would require medical help probably long term for their depression and will die eventually anyway, probably after a long retirement.

Could save society some money (depends on what value their contribution would've been but that's debatable).
The one person committing suicide though sends ripples through hundreds of other people.

For the ones close to them it would be unbelievably painful. They will never get away from the pain. They will wonder whether and wish they could have stopped it. I am sure some of them will become depressed as well from the experience.

How is that saving society money?? It's costing money and most importantly it's costing people's happiness. It's costing society more. Don't make ridiculous comments and don't be so uncaring.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Also anyone who missed the sarcasm in Xayma's post should kill themselves now.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I thought Xayma had mad other posts that were similarly unfeeling... I hate that I can't detect sarcasm on the internet.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Xayma is as stale as my nuts, anybody that understood Xayma's sarcasm should kill themselves now.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:

Well it is selfish of them to expect to live.

I think calling people who are that depressed that they commit sucidie selfish is just as low. :rolleyes:

There are alot of selfish things it's the way the world works, but sucidie isn't high on that list.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course it's selfish to want to live... in reality, very few people will probably give a shit 5 years after your death. So staying alive is definately a selfish option.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
people say it's cowardice to commit suicide but I suppose it takes a lot of courage to actually do it. the person wanting to die has probably gone through a lot, sensing no hope after considering many possibilities

tlodg

HSC
N/A
bitchy girl, why do you say so? are you suicidal...have u been?

Even though I agree it could be a solution for some but it's quite dangerous to think so..

tlodg

HSC
N/A
it's hard for a person to admit he/she wants to commit suicide, because they are often judged for that and also "forced" to seek help. but even if someone keeps on saying "I want to kill myself" it doesn't mean they are not serious and just seeking attention. it could be their way of finding if anyone still cares and a last resort for comfort and hope.

bitchy girl

HSC
N/A
I was severely depressed and almost died .. so there you are tlodg.
i thought about what i quoted earlier "suicide equals solution", well if you think about it .. of course it's a solution. a solution is an action which when taken at a state with a problem, results to another state without that problem. so when one commits suicide he/she definitely solves all of his/her problems at once as a matter of fact .. but then again some might say "that is not a solution".
if the problem is "find happiness" then suicide is not a solution, but if it's "stop pain" then it is.

ediisjoz

HSC
I think it's hard to actually SAY whether it's the easy way out...
how can it be? I mean regardless of what the issue for wanting to commit suicide is, what about the issue about what you're leaving behind?!

If people really think about what they leave behind and the damage it will do to those who are close to them i.e, friends, family, teachers, etc. do you think they would (the majority of people who suicide) still commit suicide?

I'm not so sure?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
bitchy girl said:
I was severely depressed and almost died .. so there you are tlodg.
i thought about what i quoted earlier "suicide equals solution", well if you think about it .. of course it's a solution. a solution is an action which when taken at a state with a problem, results to another state without that problem. so when one commits suicide he/she definitely solves all of his/her problems at once as a matter of fact .. but then again some might say "that is not a solution".
if the problem is "find happiness" then suicide is not a solution, but if it's "stop pain" then it is.
I understand....
yet the problem could still exist it's just that you might not see/have to deal with it anymore......it could still be there, for others..
I hope you won't have to go through that anymore...
after the incident, do you feel like living is much better than dying? are you feeling a bit happier than before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)