Is Tafe For The Dumb (2 Viewers)

HSC
wendus said:
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
who earns more money, the businessman or the brick layer?
well you may just like to know that some toilet/pipe cleaners/fixers earn more then a lawyer! yer unbleiveable i know but it does happen as the toilet/pipe cleaner/ fixers are in demand and actually geta lot more work then ur lawyer.
it was a story on the news once, where this couple whom were hapliy married were having finacial problems, the wife was a layer the man was a toliet fixer/ septic tank cleaner and wen they looked at who earned the most they found that they would be economically better offf if they were to form thier own business. They did and now she is earning nearly doubke the amount she was a laywer and it enjoying her wayy more to.
i was amazed but just shows if ur highly interested in something just follow ur passion.

AppleNader

HSC
Slidey said:
You sound like a troll. Or perhaps you just haven't matured yet.

Either way you're not really saying anything of value. TAFE is for those who want to do further education but can't or don't want to do it at university.

I go there currently and I got 96.35 UAI. People run the full gamut of the .

It is a weak era for UAIs.

Without TAFE there would be no tradesmen and there would be no-one to build our homes, fix our toilets, panel beat our cars...etc.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
well you may just like to know that some toilet/pipe cleaners/fixers earn more then a lawyer! yer unbleiveable i know but it does happen as the toilet/pipe cleaner/ fixers are in demand and actually geta lot more work then ur lawyer.
Plumber =/= toilet cleaner.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
nah, not really. all of our world's technology comes from academics you fucking retard + save your generalisations for JOURNALISM101
A lot of your day-to-day academic is actually quite detached from the real world. The same might not hold true at institutions where a commercial and research arm are quite prominent, but for the most part lecturers/conveners are very rarely the ones who make those discoveries/contributions.

Plus you sound like a clueless fuck so I guess we should just ignore what you say.

Evilo

HSC
it was a story on the news once, where this couple whom were hapliy married were having finacial problems, the wife was a layer the man was a toliet fixer/ septic tank cleaner and wen they looked at who earned the most they found that they would be economically better offf if they were to form thier own business. They did and now she is earning nearly doubke the amount she was a laywer and it enjoying her wayy more to.
i was amazed but just shows if ur highly interested in something just follow ur passion.
with spelling like that, you're not going to get a job anywhere.

puglover

HSC
3unitz said:
shut up media boy. generalise in ur arts subjects please. "quite detached from the real world" lol what? good way to stereotype, i bet u dont even know any lecturers outside of uni
only the lecturers it slept with.

[I am sorry if this sounded really mean.. it is only a joke! I applied for mod a while ago lol.. Can mods be a lil mean?]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
shut up media boy. generalise in ur arts subjects please. "quite detached from the real world" lol what? good way to stereotype, i bet u dont even know any lecturers outside of uni
K troll. Back to China for you.

puglover said:
only the lecturers it slept with.

[I am sorry if this sounded really mean.. it is only a joke! I applied for mod a while ago lol.. Can mods be a lil mean?]
I'd respond if I knew what the fuck you were talking about, but instead heres a photo of popcorn

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
puglover said:
You can be my mod any day of the week honey. ;)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
plumber yea. toilet cleaner? are you talking about some billionaire toileting cleaning company tycoon?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Omnidragon said:
plumber yea. toilet cleaner? are you talking about some billionaire toileting cleaning company tycoon?
I think you were trying to be funny, but you kind of suck at it.

tau281290

HSC
Re: Tafe IS For The Dumb

Matt Samson said:
Plumbers are the best friend of doctors. If it was not for plumbers, we would have so many water borne diseases.
Or maybe the other way around. If only there were no plumbers, doctors will get more businesses. Then more HSC graduates will want to get into med. More ppl will want to get into uni rather than tafe.

tau281290

HSC
Slidey said:
I think you were trying to be funny, but you kind of suck at it.
Honestly, which toilet cleaner will actually earn more than a lawyer if he does not own the toilet cleaning tycoon.

giba91

HSC
dv3 said:
my parents will KILL me (and kick me out) if I dont go to UNI and went to tafe.

Then they'll tell everyone, then everyone will look at me weirdly and whisper secretly etc etc etc.

I hate my parents, they expect alot.

But anyways, tafe isnt for dumb people............. although i also havent met anyone who did excellent in school go to tafe. They're usually just school leavers who go there.
no offence mate...but your parents seem narrow minded and all they care about is the status symbol associated to goin 2 uni....tafe aint that bad.....but uni would b better.....it depends on what career you are looking for....someone i know went to tafe.....and he is telling guys with masters and doctorates in engineering how to do their job....pretty fuk'n disgraceful ey....i'd feel like such an ass if i were those engineers with so called prestigious degrees

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
being in uni doesnt automatically make you leadership material. so what if the guy at tafe tells guys from uni what to do. it still doesnt mean that the tafe person knows how to do the job better than the people who went to uni and vice versa.

W0MB13

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I know for a fact if you wanna break out into the IT industry TAFE can often be the better option. You get qualified quicker and the money is the same.

I was considering doing IT for a while and I was told TAFE would be the better option for me also.
This is true. There are many employers in the Networking field who can confidently say that they've had university graduates who have been nothing short of useless. TAFE offers a more "hands on" approach, and generally holds more weight than uni in IT (networking in this case).

At the same time, TAFE Certs don't hold anywhere near as much weight as the MSCE / any Microsoft certifications, or CCNA / Cisco certifications. - Certifications which have no pre-requisites.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
can we just settle it at the fact that it depends on what course you're doing and which option is more suitable for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)