• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is the customer always right? (2 Viewers)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yeah i was in kmart about two days ago and you couldnt walk down the sportaisle cos there was stuff everywhere and staff just walking past. If we had anything like that in our store the manager would have someone hung for it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It depends what kmart store you're in. My store is usually pretty immaculate (except for childrenswear, man those mothers are pigs), the worst kmart store for presentation has got to be Bankstown. So if thats the store you're talking about, then don't judge the company on them, they really are tragic!

I think you'll find that the volume of customers in kmart is a lot higher than in Big W and Target, but it also has a lot to do with socioeconomics--if you're in a scabby area you're gonna get scabby customers who don't care.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
jang said:
man i wanna work in kmart

You must be mad.

Lately i have been getting customers who think that if there is a two items for $5 specical if they buy one iten they will get it for $2.50. sorry dear it does not work like that...

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Tenille said:
You must be mad.

Lately i have been getting customers who think that if there is a two items for $5 specical if they buy one iten they will get it for $2.50. sorry dear it does not work like that...
yeh i'd rather deal with stupid ppl than scab moneys off my parents

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Ms 12 said:
It depends what kmart store you're in. My store is usually pretty immaculate (except for childrenswear, man those mothers are pigs), the worst kmart store for presentation has got to be Bankstown. So if thats the store you're talking about, then don't judge the company on them, they really are tragic!

I think you'll find that the volume of customers in kmart is a lot higher than in Big W and Target, but it also has a lot to do with socioeconomics--if you're in a scabby area you're gonna get scabby customers who don't care.
FYI it wasnt bankstown... which is actually quite good compared to BROADWAY.
WTF ...scabby areas? Broadway is in the middle of the city and neither the customers or especially the staf give a FUCK about the presentation of the store. So many OH&S hazards and just filth everywhere.

If you dont want me to judge the company then dont f**king judge the area okay!

J

jhakka

Tenille said:
Lol i agree i just don't like kmart. call me bitter....
You're bitter.

I work in an office, so I don't have to deal with customers.

Carlito

HSC
McLake said:
Situtations when the customer is "right" (from Myer or Target):

- Seeing an item on the same table as another item on sale, and assuming both are. EG We have a sign saying "shirts on sale" on a table with shirts and pants, and they demand that the pants that they just bought should have a discount, or else it is false advertising

- Seeing an item with the wrong label under it and assuming it is the right label. EG Finding a boardgame with the price tag for playing cards under it (CLEARLY saying playing cards) and demanding to have it at that price or it is false advertising.

Customer Questions that piss me off:

- What is the price of this? (use the price check point)
- On signs that say "was $, now$, % off", asking why the price isn't % off the new $.
haha yeah I get them all the time. we once sold some toy on sale for over $100 to someone for $15 because someone had left it on a $15 clearance clothing table. We explained that she obviously knew it wasnt meant to be there and she couldnt prove to us that she even took it from there and not just from the toy asile. She demanded to see the manager and started yelling at all the staff and got the price. fuckingbithch hope shes happy she practically stole from us

its quite sad because now she will go home thinking 'all i have to do is yell at them and be a bitch ill get stuff discounted'

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i hate that..like once we were changing the specials on a sunday night for the next day...neways
they took theo old display off and put the new one on which was a $9.98 jar of coffee
they left the old price sign on..which said like $2.47 or sumthing
so a customer goes no that cofee is $2.47
i said thats tomorrows special
they said..its false advertisement..they go i wanan talk to someone..
eventually they got it free..and we are more careful to take the prices off now
oh well..just a jar of coffee but still.it sux

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I find the customers in Hurstville to be exceptionally rude and tight-arsed.

For example, a woman and her daughter ordered rainbow icecream and complained that the rainbow icecream tasted like vanilla icecream
(even though practically all neapolitan icecream ive had tastes like vanilla) and blah blah her daughter cant have vanilla icecream, she prefers rainbow icecream that tastes like candy
(while her daughter is STILL eating the icecream)
and im thinking, ok ill change it for u since the customer is always right, no matter how tight, rude and how much they yell (note this bitch was SHOUTING over a FUCKING $2 KIDS CONE) , and if that doesnt work than u can go to wendys or new zealand.

And so it was done, I changed her icecream to a Mango one, fucking cheap tight gay bitch gave me a five dollar note, i gave her back $3. She complained YET AGAIN that she gave me $5.50...Um, if the price is $2, WHO THE FUCK IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD GIVE 5 dollars AND AN EXTRA 50 CENTS? O yes, only a cheap bitch like her....GRRR so I gave her the 50c anyway, because yet again the only tone this savage could muster was a loud yelling.

I've seriously had enough of CHEAP Hurstville customers who try to make life difficult over a few cents, flame me all you want I really dont give a shit. The customers in the poorer areas of Sydney tend to be bitchy, tight-arsed leeches, trying to scab every cent...if this sounds like u, go to new zealand natural and boost juice, they're franchised

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Katie123 said:
FYI it wasnt bankstown... which is actually quite good compared to BROADWAY.
WTF ...scabby areas? Broadway is in the middle of the city and neither the customers or especially the staf give a FUCK about the presentation of the store. So many OH&S hazards and just filth everywhere.

If you dont want me to judge the company then dont f**king judge the area okay!

Broadway messy? Nowhere near as bad as Bankstown.

And why did you get so defensive? Im just stating what I know to be fact--the lower the socioeconomic status of an area, the bigger the kmart store (hence why My Druitt, Penrith and Merrylands are the three biggest NSW Kmart stores--its a discount department store, and so is especially attractive to lower income earners), and the bigger the store, the messier the selling area.

I can tell you first hand the store is brought up to scratch every night. Theres not much staff can do to stop customers being so disrespectful during the day. Also, daytime staff are employed to fill not to recover, because its more important we keep the store full to keep up our sales rather than having an incredibly neat but empty store. Believe it or not, having shit all over the floor doesn't have any effect on sales, so management prioritise.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Komaticom said:
I'm a customer, and I'm always right.

Once I went to Kmart to buy an indicator light or something or other. It was posted at 2 cents. So I took 10 to the register, and explained that because it was under 2.5 cents, it must be rounded DOWN to free. In the end I paid 10 cents for the 2 lights that I bought. Bastards. I'd rather buy 5 books for 5 cents... wait a sec...

[/being a dick]
u fuckn dickhead. if i was walkin by i woulda told u off.
but thinkin bout it... it sounds fukn bullshit,
now im pissed off that u wrote bullshit which aint even fuckn funny.
and also ur a fag (esp. in ur avitar)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
amoz_lilo said:
For example, a woman and her daughter ordered rainbow icecream and complained that the rainbow icecream tasted like vanilla icecream
(even though practically all neapolitan icecream ive had tastes like vanilla) and blah blah her daughter cant have vanilla icecream, she prefers rainbow icecream that tastes like candy
(while her daughter is STILL eating the icecream)
and im thinking, ok ill change it for u since the customer is always right, no matter how tight, rude and how much they yell (note this bitch was SHOUTING over a FUCKING $2 KIDS CONE) , and if that doesnt work than u can go to wendys or new zealand.

And so it was done, I changed her icecream to a Mango one, fucking cheap tight gay bitch gave me a five dollar note, i gave her back $3. She complained YET AGAIN that she gave me $5.50...Um, if the price is $2, WHO THE FUCK IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD GIVE 5 dollars AND AN EXTRA 50 CENTS? O yes, only a cheap bitch like her....GRRR so I gave her the 50c anyway, because yet again the only tone this savage could muster was a loud yelling.
god...what a cow. just imagine smashing boogie-flavoured ice cream on her face/hair/clothes, and her getting frostbite all over her face so she needs to have her nose, cheeks, etc amputated. then she can pay thousands for cosmetic surgery, or she can be a tightass and stay looking like a snail run over [with the cracked shell and smooshed flesh]. and it'll make you feel better =)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
how about they have an earthquake which swallows up the town of hurstville into the hot core instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)