Is the HSC really that important? (1 Viewer)

kawaiinlove

HSC
Teachers talk non-stop about how important the HSC is but other people have told me that there are other ways to get into uni if you don't get a good UAI. What also really sucks is that your UAI doesn't last forever if you want to have a gap year like I do...

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
yeah man

its a life-death situation

rowdyroddy

HSC
seriously though if you dont do too good in the hsc, your life is over life fucking seriously
lol
nah dont care "too much" for it, im goin to the army for a year after the hsc, should give me some paths to choose

spence

HSC
Teachers talk non-stop about how important the HSC is but other people have told me that there are other ways to get into uni if you don't get a good UAI. What also really sucks is that your UAI doesn't last forever if you want to have a gap year like I do...
It still lasts if you have a gap year. Its only when you start studying at uni that it loses importance. Or if you wait till you're older

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I don't really care about HSC.

I don't need crazy UAI like others do. Whatever I get is whatever I really get even though there is certain UAI that I would be happy with.

I just want to have the best time of schoolling year this year...(forgetting about academic aspect of it) :)

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC

I don't need crazy UAI like others do. Whatever I get is whatever I really get even though there is certain UAI that I would be happy with.

I just want to have the best time of schoolling year this year...(forgetting about academic aspect of it) :)
but... you came first in state for 2u maths?

and you did it in the 11th grade

so much for not caring!

lol and you were crying over the fact that you failed your first assigment/exam? something along that line. but ok :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
but... you came first in state for 2u maths?

and you did it in the 11th grade

so much for not caring!

lol and you were crying over the fact that you failed your first assigment/exam? something along that line. but ok :)
I don't know what you are on about.

I didn't fail any task this year. The only time I made some rant was last year and as I reinforce again....it was LAST YEAR.

This year, I have learnt the most important thing - balance in life.

Last year, I have worked my ass off. By doing so, I have neglected large part of my life. Again, my top in the state was LAST YEAR too.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
it's not namu, guys

really it isn't..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It still lasts if you have a gap year. Its only when you start studying at uni that it loses importance. Or if you wait till you're older
The UAI does not last over a 'gap year'. The uai is only useful for university applicants that year applications before the whole process closes up for the year. UAI will kind of still remain if you defer, which allows a gap year... not all universities allow deferring in all courses, if any.

I agree. I simply want entry into my civil engineering course. I only need about 76, but I'd like the aim that is in my signature... and will keep me busy over the year.

spence

HSC
The UAI does not last over a 'gap year'. The uai is only useful for university applicants that year applications before the whole process closes up for the year. UAI will kind of still remain if you defer, which allows a gap year... not all universities allow deferring in all courses, if any.
Yes it does. If you have completed less than 1 year of full time study then only UAI is counted. So obviously it lasts over a gap year

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
yes, but it's not the end of the world if you don't get a "good" UAI or HSC. remember there are many opportunities in life, all you need to is try your very best and have persistence, and you will succeed.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Not important

I'dve rather done a language and got 80 then do 2 maths 2 science english econs and have gotten 90.

LordPc

HSC
hsc is important if you want to get into certain courses quickly immediately

if you get a poor UAI you can get into courses through side doors, and then transfer to a different degree or a different university but this takes time. so if you want that degree in 4 years, hsc is important.

if you dont care if it takes you 5 or more years to get it, then you can bludge the hsc and try to get in the back way. but the thing is, getting in the back way means you have to work, so you can either do it now during the hsc or later on

so i guess its theoretically possible if you got a bad uai you could get into any random course with a low cutoff, work really hard and transfer your way all the way over to Usyd and do law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)